Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reputation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know who repped you?

Someone on this thread repped me with the comment "Cause you helped me in the past and I want to see if another green dot shows." Well, I went from 197 points to 227 and 2 squares to 3. I'm guessing that 200 points = 3 squares.

Mike.

eng1 said:
That's odd.

I've lost about 50 rep points after you negative repped a post of mine
in this thread and you didn't write a comment.
I've never knowingly negative repped you, perhaps I clicked on the wrong button.:(

I'm sorry if that's the case.

Pommie said:
How do you know who repped you?

I don't think you do?, but in this case the rep included the text "Hero999" in the comment field. No idea if it was negative or positive though?.

Someone on this thread repped me with the comment "Cause you helped me in the past and I want to see if another green dot shows." Well, I went from 197 points to 227 and 2 squares to 3. I'm guessing that 200 points = 3 squares.

Looks like it's 100 points per square, with the first square appearing at zero points.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I don't think you do?, but in this case the rep included the text "Hero999" in the comment field. No idea if it was negative or positive though?.

But, Eng1 stated "and you didn't write a comment". How else is text included?

From your comment, can we assume that you can see rep comments?

Mike.

Pommie said:
From your comment, can we assume that you can see rep comments?

Yes, I can see them and edit them, so I can delete any bad language etc.

But I can't alter the rep given, or even see if it was negative or positive, which is obviously not required for deleting bad languge etc.

I wanted to positive rep you because you're one of the under rated members here but I must have made a mistake and negative repped you.

Hero999 said:
I wanted to positive rep you because you're one of the under rated members here but I must have made a mistake and negative repped you.

There's an easy way to fix that.

Mike.

eng1 said:
Thank you, Mike! :)
EDIT: and all those who added to my rep! Appreciated! eng1

Looks like someone listened. From 1 to 3 in about 30 minutes. That's gotta be a record.

Mike.

Pommie said:
Looks like someone listened. From 1 to 3 in about 30 minutes. That's gotta be a record.

Mike.
Naaaahh, Mine went from 2 to 6 in what seemed like about 30 minutes.

Nigel Goodwin said:
That's because you were dealing so helpfully (and patiently) with the schmitt trigger thread!.
OK, but I had helped LOTS of people on this forum, with very few reps. I guess this thread brought awareness about some of us who who had been neglected.;)
Also, though, there was obviously a lot of indiscriminate experimenting going on. I had attributed my sudden reputation jump to that, but it had to be from someone who had a lot of rep power. You just gave me a big hint, I think.:D

Roff said:
OK, but I had helped LOTS of people on this forum, with very few reps. I guess this thread brought awareness about some of us who who had been neglected.;)
Also, though, there was obviously a lot of indiscriminate experimenting going on. I had attributed my sudden reputation jump to that, but it had to be from someone who had a lot of rep power. You just gave me a big hint, I think.:D
Well it seems my repping power hasn't done too much - I wanted to see if I could give you an extra square :p

Maybe its a logarithmic type of thing ....

picbits said:
Well it seems my repping power hasn't done too much - I wanted to see if I could give you an extra square :p

Maybe its a logarithmic type of thing ....
Nice try. Thanks for the kind comment.:)

Hey, ron has two bright green ones now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back