Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reputation???

Status
Not open for further replies.

weegee

Hi was just wondering how i went from being 'on a distingushed road' to 'can only improve' and gone red. what is it based on?

[rant]

As far as i can see it is for answering an open question, looking for suggestions on how to achieve a result, which i answered with a perfectly valid answer and which other members agreed was a reasonable answer, yet i lose reputation for it.

What is the point of trying to help people on here if the only reward you get is negative feedback, im now on -33 rep points so it was obviously someone of good reputation that did it. so they ruined my rep rating and couldn't even be bothered to add a comment to say why.

[/rant]

I think the reputation points around here lead to more trouble than they are worth.

Try clicking on "User CP" and seeing if the person who gave you negative feedback left any reasoning.

Anyways, I searched through a few of your posts, and they all seemed fine to me-- didn't do much searching but I didn't see any problem causing posts.
I'll wait around for a bit, and if the consensus is to up your reputation again, I'll help.

-Omar

Reactions: vdd
I can't see any problem with your posts. Maybe someone had a bad day. See if this helps.

Mike.

its usually people who are jealous becoz they lost an argument or just don't have anything better else to do.

i never give bad posts unless in direct retaliation. but there's always some @$$hole ready to stir the pot.

I don't get much reputation. I have gotten a few (3 good, and one that must either be neutral or negative. i dunno. the icon was grey...) Maybe that is a good thing. :p :p

what comes after the "distinguished road", again?

I think you are at it now with a "spectacular aura about".....
must either be neutral or negative. i dunno. the icon was grey
I think they are neutral. I've gotten a few of those and they usually come from noobs. Maybe it's designed to eliminate someone creating a bunch of extra accounts and giving themselves a positive rep.

Last edited:
Marks...
"A jewel in the rough" then "Just really nice".

Though, I think people of Nigel status should get a special title.
"T3h M4st4h!11one!111" or something along those lines.

I went from like positive 15 to -1 then back to 1, I think people loved/unloved my Jesus likes peanut butter and jelly sandmiches. BTW I just gave you some reputation points, cuz u rawkz!!11

thanks guys, it means a lot.

I have to agree though, the rep system seems like it could cause problems.

I dont have a problem with losing rep for being agressive or swearing, or even giving someone really bad/dangerous advice, but if they would at least add a comment so that we know where we've went wrong would be nice.

weegee said:
thanks guys, it means a lot.

I have to agree though, the rep system seems like it could cause problems.

I dont have a problem with losing rep for being agressive or swearing, or even giving someone really bad/dangerous advice, but if they would at least add a comment so that we know where we've went wrong would be nice.
dude, this iz teh internetz. everyone feels obliged to be a complete a**hole. If you can't beat them, join em. ;)

crusty said:
dude, this iz teh internetz. everyone feels obliged to be a complete a**hole. If you can't beat them, join em. ;)
For proof, look at the comments on ANY well-viewed Youtube video. It's quite sad.
As for reputation, I always add an explanation tag. I got random rep one (and the only) time, and there was no comment. Just a positive rep. Oh well. *shrug*

If you want to know what a rep color on your CP means, right-click on it, select "properties", drag the window wider, and read the Location line.

Hmmm.... So:

means "reputation balance". Sounds pretty neutral though the comment attached to it was positive; "Went to great trouble to help me understand."

kchriste said:
Hmmm.... So:

means "reputation balance". Sounds pretty neutral though the comment attached to it was positive; "Went to great trouble to help me understand."
Yeah, I got one like that. Probably from some unbalanced soul. Everything is relative.:D

yup, im happy with that, i just got caught off guard as i didnt expect it, only one thing i would add is 'add a comment if using the rep system'

but it takes a good man to own up, and for that i thank you :)

kchriste said:
Hmmm.... So:

So if I have it right reputation balance is neither positive or negative. Why bother? Why give it in conjunction with a positive comment ?

3v0 said:
So if I have it right reputation balance is neither positive or negative. Why bother? Why give it in conjunction with a positive comment ?
Because some guys are doofuses? Or should that be doofi?

I can't give anyone "neutral" feed back... I can give positive or negative, but not neutral... How to others do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back