Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reputation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petr,
so if I get it right, you don't mind giving yourself reputation?
I personally don't mind the rep thing, I'm personally very happy if someone can help me with anything my teeny mind trips on, and I am also very happy if I can say something to someone that will help them, hopefully they are too.
That's all, I do not really get the purpose of having someone else rep me out, except if you are into blowing your horn or something.
Then again, if someone really tells me something helpful, in the future, please remind me to give you some rep points, will gladly do if it'll make your day really peachy.
On that note...
killivolt, thanks for your concern regarding my lungs and all, and thank very much for your advice, and your positive attitude.
As regarding the flame of the heater, yes, this combo gas also burns blue. The little flame at the bottom is a blue flame turning orange higher up, the panels are burning blue with a reddish pinkish glow around the edges.
I'm already feeling better since not using the heaters, but will call the manufacturer to come check them out.

Hi arrie,
I don't mind giving out reputation and in fact I do if someone really helped me solved some problem I appreciated that and gave rep. But don't expect when you help someone that he'll give you good rep. back it won't happen in 99% times (in fact only once to me) but the point is to give advice and not to collect the green boxes :D and anyway most of the questions are from newbies and even if they do give rep. they usually have no voting power anyway so it is not much useful.
That's why I said if you want to collect the green boxes better connect a few square green LEDs ... :D it will be more fun.

Petr

The little flame at the bottom is a blue flame turning orange higher up,
Not good. Orange anywhere in flames mean a deficit of oxygen and the danger of carbon monoxide.

Have you ever you experienced headaches after being in the same place as the heater? If so, you were in grave danger. If you can afford a CO monitor (about us$25) please get one.

Last edited:
Not good. Orange anywhere in flames mean a deficit of oxygen and the danger of carbon monoxide.
Have you ever you experienced headaches after being in the same place as the heater? If so, you were in grave danger. If you can afford a CO monitor (about us$25) please get one.
I was just going to post the same advice. Get a CO monitor/alarm. CO is an odorless, colorless gas that WILL kill you if you are exposed to it long enough. Be VERY careful with heaters where the exhaust gasses are not vented outside. They should NOT be used in an enclosed space even with a window cracked open. Google for "co poisoning" to learn more:
**broken link removed**

Last edited:

Thanks, I thought I was right but I didn't know if the orange flame was present in all gases as bad burn.

kv

Exactly. Rep most often comes from where you least expect it. I think of it as a gift rathen then earned.

Hi arrie,
I don't mind giving out reputation and in fact I do if someone really helped me solved some problem I appreciated that and gave rep. But don't expect when you help someone that he'll give you good rep. back it won't happen in 99% times (in fact only once to me) but the point is to give advice and not to collect the green boxes :D and anyway most of the questions are from newbies and even if they do give rep. they usually have no voting power anyway so it is not much useful.
That's why I said if you want to collect the green boxes better connect a few square green LEDs ... :D it will be more fun.

Petr

Thanks to mneary, kchriste and killivolt.
I'll see if CO monitors are available somewhere in SA, let me see, $25 = R191.75, plus transport plus import duty, that should be around R400.
Damn, that's almost 3/4 tank of fuel for my car. Nope, wife will not approve.
Can you build one?
On the other hand, it can strengthen my case against the manufacturer of the heater.
I'm spending some time and bucks on getting the lungs in order, but I suppose time will be a major factor.
I thought I would relax, feel like being on the beach with the sniff of salt air in my nostrils, but far from it. The stuff I take in smells awful, and the little machine makes such a racket, I feel like standing next to a hammer drill.
At least it's so good for the lungs.

Very inexpensive indicator cards are available such as this one: **broken link removed**

They might be acceptable for some applications, but for long-term use in a home, I think a modern, conventional detector like you reference is a better choice, even if it costs more. In the US, many localities are requiring all homes to have CO detectors. It is a good idea and worth a full tank of auto fuel.

In an earlier post, I believe you mentioned that your fuel gas smelled. That may indicate high sulfur content, and combustion products from that may be contributing to your breathing symptoms. John

John
I never thought of that.
Here in SA, for some reason, we have a history with high sulphur content, remember the diesel saga?
Maybe it's something similar with the handygas.
The chance of really finding out will be very slim.

I do not need a permanent CO detector, just something while using the heater, preferable something portable. I've looked on the internet but have not yet found anyone selling these type units for home or similar use, just some mining applications.

thanks man

Thanks guys.

I think the heater is faulty, but has discontinued its use.
I do think I want some warning device for future use of the heaters.
I will have the manufacturer check these, problem is, they will not tell if something can get them in trouble. So I'd rather have some form of evidence when going to them.
Will keep you up to date on what the low down on Co detection is in SA.

arrie

Moringa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit: I found this also Moringa ovalifolia Maybe it is grown near you.

Listen I don't know if you know about this tree. It seems maybe in your area or surrounding it can grow and be cultivated. Read about it's property's and see if you can get some. They sell it as a tea but ingestion can act as an anti-inflammatory which I have found to be very useful.

If your infection is bronchitis you can use it to (reduce) the inflammation and promote healing. The anti-inflammatory will reduce further damaging to your lung tissue. But make sure of the company selling it as to the packaging as well as the harvest of cleanliness and purity.

I stopped using my inhaler as well as the Advair which was proscribed when I was under heavy attacks. However, the disease in this case is less than the cure. (Negative) This advair can cause pneumonia and death and cannot be used for over 6 months.

(Positive) However, limited steroids can have the same effect as the moringa. They sell a product called prednisone (prescribed by a doctor) I used it and it helped a lot. Herbal or Main stream medicine these are the ones that worked and the one that almost killed me.

Last edited:
Thanks KV

I'll look into the tree.
The nebulizer helps, this morning I used a thing called combivent, mixed with the saline. Man that stuff works, really loosens a lot of the muck. It does give me the shakes for a couple of hours afterwards.
I think I have a decent dose of bronchitis, that's that. It should not kill me, but damn, it makes life uncomfortable.
I'm also permanently on cortisone inhaler, and have some cortisone pills. My anti-biotics are finished, but I believe these were not much use to my system.
Sorry I've lost you on the advair, what the heck is that?
Which one almost tried to kill you, the advair, tree or prednisone?

Herbal vs Conventional

Thanks KV

I'll look into the tree.
The nebulizer helps, this morning I used a thing called combivent, mixed with the saline. Man that stuff works, really loosens a lot of the muck. It does give me the shakes for a couple of hours afterwards.
I think I have a decent dose of bronchitis, that's that. It should not kill me, but damn, it makes life uncomfortable.
I'm also permanently on cortisone inhaler, and have some cortisone pills. My anti-biotics are finished, but I believe these were not much use to my system.
Sorry I've lost you on the advair, what the heck is that?
Which one almost tried to kill you, the advair, tree or prednisone?

Edit : Advair Fluticasone/salmeterol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The tree works great but I buy some stuff sold by a local Multi-level Company. Some people call them pyramids, Called (Zija) Expensive too ! $75.00 us for a month supply.

I can't get any of that Moringa here in the U.S. I just wish I could get some that I could put together myself.

But still I get such a good response from it. I won't stop using it. I know somebody is making a lot of money off me.

But hell my asthma held at (bay) my Oxygen levels are very good. I don't feel as though I'm being suffocated anymore.

I love this stuff it's well worth the cost to me I just wish I could get it with my Insurance.

My over the counter Medications and conventional medication would be more than the cost of that product not to mention additional Medical bills that would arise from there use.

I'll just stick to this and for go more treatment and experimentation.

Last edited:
From what I could gather, the moringa ovalifolia is this beautiful tree growing quite high. It's found mostly in Namibia, the desert areas, does not like frost, so will not survive in most parts of SA. This is a good source of high energy intake for humans and animals, also good for alternative fuel. They are protected by the Namibian government.
It's actually a family member of this, the moringa oleifera, which is a very slender-like tree, smaller than the other, that has the anti-inflammatory or anti-biotic like quality.
I also think this one has a more tropical requirement to be sustained. Its commoner name is the Ben oil tree.
I'll ask around sometime and let you know what I find out. There is a chap here at the dam who owns a nursery, very good knowledge, I'll chat to him if I can get hold of him.

Try this link:
Moringa Oleifera -- A Nutritional Miracle

Last edited:
From what I could gather, the moringa ovalifolia is this beautiful tree growing quite high. It's found mostly in Namibia, the desert areas, does not like frost, so will not survive in most parts of SA. This is a good source of high energy intake for humans and animals, also good for alternative fuel. They are protected by the Namibian government.
It's actually a family member of this, the moringa oleifera, which is a very slender-like tree, smaller than the other, that has the anti-inflammatory or anti-biotic like quality.
I also think this one has a more tropical requirement to be sustained. Its commoner name is the Ben oil tree.
I'll ask around sometime and let you know what I find out. There is a chap here at the dam who owns a nursery, very good knowledge, I'll chat to him if I can get hold of him.

Try this link:
Moringa Oleifera -- A Nutritional Miracle

That Moringa Oleifera is the exact type I use. I'm very interested to find out if I can get it in bulk. It might be worth your time to research it.

I guess in Hawaii it grows wild in people's front yards. :D Thanks man.

I'll definitely find out and get back to you.
That link I've given you is somewhere in SA, but unfortunately they have not reported any telkom land lines, so I cannot gather which area.
They will probably want to rip you off in any case, but you never know.
If I do not come right with the local chap, I'll phone them and find out what the story is.

I'll definitely find out and get back to you.
That link I've given you is somewhere in SA, but unfortunately they have not reported any telkom land lines, so I cannot gather which area.
They will probably want to rip you off in any case, but you never know.
If I do not come right with the local chap, I'll phone them and find out what the story is.

Agreed maybe there is someone else in another area. These growers can get the product to the Company I buy from. So, what does a guy like me need to do to obtain it without that threat.

I just wish we didn't have to deal with that kind of corruption. You can find those people everywhere. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back