Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reputation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably swear too much, I get it from my father who's always swearing.

Who is the turkey with the most negative reputation?
The BIRDMAN!
Falconer?

He is now on the forum at Electronics-Lab.

Really, he's going to love it there. The place drives me nuts, I don't know how you do it duck ;)
eplanet, wise old man, projects that don't work. Moderator with no sense of wit or humor.

I see Falconer001 is having a nice time talking to himself over there. Wise old man likes his bird photos though :)

Falconer showed pics of a submarine. Guys were walking on it and they were either tethered so they don't fall off, or it is a catapult!

Shhhhh! Eplanet is here.

Shaneshane1 is the imposter, aka thats why he is banned for 7 days.

He is also acting like me on my website, which is a total stupid ass move on his part, seeing that I know his IP now.

If he has a problem with me PM me instead of being so scared.

Last edited:
There is no need to stoop to his level with the language, krummy. You can be tough without the swearing...

Cant you as an admin kick his ip range, krummy? or won't the page provider allow it?

Marks256 said:
There is no need to stoop to his level with the language, krummy. You can be tough without the swearing...

Cant you as an admin kick his ip range, krummy? or won't the page provider allow it?
Freewebs wouldnt have such a thing unfortunately.

RaWR.

Krummy said:
Freewebs wouldnt have such a thing unfortunately.

RaWR.

That sucks. :( Do you have a static IP? If so, you could setup your own server.

blueroomelectronics said:
You can set your own server up even on a moving DNS (free service called Dynamic DNS)

Yep, I did that back in the day. I've been looking at some of the free hosting services and at the moment it looks like I might go with x10hosting.com for the features and space they offer.

I don't think Freewebs allows you to modify your .htaccess file so easy IP banning is out. They seem to allow SSI (hello, 1994 called and wants its web tech back) so you might be able to do something with that, though. :) Free web hosting review sites don't seem to address more technical issues though so it's hard to tell without actually signing up and trying it out.

Torben

You can use Clark Connect to build your own free linux server with built in dyndns support. Easy too. I'm sure one of Marks256 old computers is up to the task.

audioguru said:
Who is the turkey with the most negative reputation?
The BIRDMAN!
Falconer?

He is now on the forum at Electronics-Lab.

What happened? Darn I missed it!

blueroomelectronics said:
You can use Clark Connect to build your own free linux server with built in dyndns support. Easy too. I'm sure one of Marks256 old computers is up to the task.

I tried to make my own linux router with one of my many AMD-K6 (best proc ever... :D) and using some linux floppy distro made for routers. It would have worked, but i only had 2 of the same cards, and i couldn't find the drivers for them... :(

If you want to make a web server with a dynamic IP, www.no-ip.com is a VERY good site. I used it for a while, but then i realized that my fking ISP prohibited the use of personal web servers. (WILD BLUE SUCKS!) :(

i didn't HAVE to, i just figured it would be easier. I had 3 cards to choose from. I could only find drivers for one! :) :( The two i couldnt find drivers for were the identical ones. I have accumulated a few more recently, so i may give it another go. No rush this time though. I am happy with my Netgear RT314 gateway router. It has been preforming flawlessly for a long time now. And i got it on ebay along with 2 other routers (netgear and dlink. the dlink one sucks) for a total of about $5. I think shipping was about $5, too.

Good deal. ;)

Marks256 said:
(netgear and dlink. the dlink one sucks)
Good deal. ;)

:( I have a D-Link router, and i think its great, in saying that, its the only one i have ever had, so mabye its not so great and i just don't know it.

shaneshane1 said:
:( I have a D-Link router, and i think its great, in saying that, its the only one i have ever had, so mabye its not so great and i just don't know it.

Depends on the router in question. I've had trouble with Linksys and a few months back went and got myself the D-Link Xtreme N gaming/media wifi router. Not that I game or stream video much, but the range, link stability, and speed in wifi N mode are wonderful.

Had to use ndiswrapper to get it running on my Linux desktop with the matching D-Link Xtreme adaptor, but once I did it was fine (and fast). My laptop's built-in wifi adaptor handles it just fine.

Torben

Torben said:
Depends on the router in question. I've had trouble with Linksys and a few months back went and got myself the D-Link Xtreme N gaming/media wifi router. Not that I game or stream video much, but the range, link stability, and speed in wifi N mode are wonderful.

Had to use ndiswrapper to get it running on my Linux desktop with the matching D-Link Xtreme adaptor, but once I did it was fine (and fast). My laptop's built-in wifi adaptor handles it just fine.

Torben

I only have my router about 3 meters away from my computer, because theres isnt anywhere to run my ethernet cord without it been in the way, so the strength is always 100%.

but sometimes i run my ps3 through my router, and then i run my psp to my ps3 as a remote for the ps3(all wi-fi) and i still get 98% 15 meters away, and i think it is one of the cheapest routers you can buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back