Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing Coin acceptor to with Opto interrupter to initiate action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramputty

Replacing Coin acceptor to with Opto interrupter to initiate action
Dear sir

I am in the business of Coin Operated height Weight BMI Machine.

I have some electronic issue Please Help.

I have a motherboard for such machine which uses coin acceptor using 12 V supply.

I wish to change it to a coin acceptor that only uses a photo Interrupter which uses 5 V

coin rejection is not a problem

Please let me how to proceed.

Should you need more information just let me know.
upload_2016-4-19_14-52-17-jpeg.104586
upload_2016-4-19_14-52-17-jpeg.104585

Thnaks

Mr Ramputty

Mauritius

the mother board of my coin operated weight height measurement machine is operated by inserting in a coin acceptor GD 315 model which uses 12 v
i want to use same mother board in another old machine which is operated by inserting a coin in in coin accepter using opto inrrupter which uses 5 volt.

I have a motherboard for such machine which uses coin acceptor using 12 V supply.

I wish to change it to a coin acceptor that only uses a photo Interrupter which uses 5 V
Welcome to ETO, Ramputty!

Your images didn't upload correctly, so unsure what relevance they have to your question.

The first issue is, does the replacement opto coin counter have a pulsed output coin count option, similar to the GL315?

Found this for the GL315 at :https://shwafer.en.made-in-china.co...n-Acceptor-CPU-Multi-coin-coin-acceptor-.html

Net weight: 0.375kgs/each
Single chip auto recognize system
Signal output in pulse
Apply to coin diameter: 18mm-29mm
Apply to coin thickness: 1.2mm-3mm
Work voltage: DC12V (+/- 20%)
Current in 50ma
CPU system identify the coin's material, thickness and diameter
Include software guard system
Can connect the counter
TIME SWITCH can be set to fast-25ms, medium-45ms and slow-65ms
How To Set Up the Coin Acceptor With The Game Machine:

Step 1: Operate with the game machine's standard mode Normal Open
Step 2: Switch to the correct speed(pulse) of coin machine: FAST 25ms, MEDIUM 45ms and SLOW 65ms
Step 3: Connecting the +12V DC and Ground wiring for the coin Acceptor.
Step 4: Arrange the token sample that you want the Coin acceptor to accept
Step 5: Set the switch from "Start" to "Set" position, the LED light will show "00", press the switch which for adjusting the coin's value, to adjust the coin value when the coin programming. "00-99" means how many times of the out pulse signal will be sent when the programmed coin was deposited, return the switch from "Set" to "Start", it is finished
Step 6: Set the switch from "NOM" to "MGN" position, then turn the switch from "Start" to "Set" position, the LED show default "P1", "P1-P9" means a output signal needs how many programmed coins to be deposited like "P1, P2, P3...P9"
Step 7: Prepare the needed sample coins.
Step 8: Insert 10PCS coins in turn to set the coin (time interval 0.3 seconds)
Step 9: Turn the coin set switch to "Start" and finished the setting

BOLD text above indicates that the output can be programmed to reflect a pulsed output with variable iterations for each coin inserted.

<EDIT> Anyway, a solution make be as simple as a simple mosfet switch circuit to up the 5V pulse to 12V for the uC. Power for the GL315 is another issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back