Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement Pilot Lamp for Sony ICF-9650W radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

I have this 1970's era transistor radio and the front panel light went out. I pulled everything apart and find a little bulb that's burnt out in the front panel. It has a glass envelope, no metal base (just two wires going straight to the glass envelope on the bottom). It is 0.1650" diameter (4.19mm) x 0.414" (10.5mm) long. It looks like it is fed off two wires coming straight off a secondary of the transformer (haven't tested voltage).

Any idea on a replacement given the dimensions? Thanks,

After doing some looking, I think it is a T1.25 type incandescent lamp. No stock at digikey, but I will keep looking. It also looks like I will have to fire it up and test the voltage before I buy a replacement lamp.

if you want it to last (maybe even longer than the rest of the radio) replace it with a white LED a 1n4004 diode and a 470 ohm resistor. since it's being fed AC voltage, polarity doesn't matter.

Attachments

• ledlamp1.jpg
    ledlamp1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 831
Last edited:
If I remember correctly they use a pea lamp (6v0. These are hard to replace the LED seems an Ideal solution

Think outside the square then square it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back