Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeat circuit block in Altium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
I have a schematic in Altium which has a main page schematic , and then four pages which comprise the same circuit block four times over, but with different connections in to them.

Do you know of a good tutorial which will allow me to make a “common block” out of the common schematic bit, so that I can use that instead of having to have the same circuit block four times?

Thanks I looked at that but it uses the “REPEAT” command, and my boss doesn’t want to use that. Basically we have a connector on the master sheet with 32 port things coming off it…each port has a different name.
We then have the 1 schematic sheet with the circuitry to be repeated (4 times)

The schematic with the repeat circuitry only connects to 8 of the ports on the connector of the master sheet.
But each repeat version of the repeated schem connects to a differet eight of the ports on the master sheet.
How do we do this?

The “edafile” attached shows the circuitry to be repeated.
The “eda Load Board” attached shows the ports at the connector
The “eda Load Block Top Level” shows the four instance of the circuitry, however, how do we make the given port attach to the right place on the circuitry-to-be-repeated without actually drawing ti four times over?

Attachments

• eda Load Block Top Level.pdf
    28.5 KB · Views: 290
  • eda Load Board.pdf
    71.6 KB · Views: 287
  • edafile.pdf
    77 KB · Views: 269
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back