Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remotely controlling devices via sms

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i planned to start a project on remotely controlling devices via sms(AT COMMANDS) and i need some help.........can anyone please give some links to reference material regarding this..
i plan to use a mobile phone as a gsm modem ,interface that with a microcontroller and control a device(may be a temperature sensor)(simply turn it on/off) ...
can somebody help in choosing the relavent mobile phone,microcontroller,some sample circuit diagrams ,reference material,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks in advance

this is my first write in this forum
i don't have a full diagram for u but i can guide u a little
first you have to find a serial cable for the nokia mobile you are going to use
and this cable should be connected to the microcontroller by interfacing with max232 (Tx, Rx, and Ground)the only will use
i think these will give a step to go for ur circiut
others might help more than me (i'm just a beginner)

Amigo

i've already interface a nokia mobile to a PC via max232
to use ( AT COMMANDS ) by using hyper terminal
the circuit was without using a microcontroller yet(later to be added)
but
i've got a problem after checking all circuit
noticed that in the hyper terminal nothing can be written(problemoo)
i think there's somthing wrong with the max 232

Amigo

it is possible
my case i have connect the data cable without using max 232 i noticed something on hyper terminal surly using AT Command first i connected and then typed AT it gave me OK, after that when typed othe command it's gave me ERROR, and i still don't know what's the problem

or maybe i have to do some steps or to write a main commands to make it work for me

I'm still bignner and not familier yet with AT Command

Amigo

simpler and better

anantharaman1989 said:
hey guys i planned to start a project on remotely controlling devices via sms(AT COMMANDS) and i need some help.........can anyone please give some links to reference material regarding this..
i plan to use a mobile phone as a gsm modem ,interface that with a microcontroller and control a device(may be a temperature sensor)(simply turn it on/off) ...
can somebody help in choosing the relavent mobile phone,microcontroller,some sample circuit diagrams ,reference material,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks in advance
hiii , know what , I advice you to change your idea from controlling via sms to controlling by simpley pressing the numbers on the keypad of you mobile .. really it is very nice I did it completely in my first and second project in electrical engineering collage , it worked nicely ... Iam gonna upload the needed files to you very soon once I goto my pc ... but let me know if you are interested in this way of controlling or not ...

I am interested to know more about how to control devices by pressing the number of mobile keypad. Please upload your files.

Thanks. :)

me to bro it will be greatfull to upload the related files by you, so could finish the project as soon as possible

hi,sorry for being late

hi guys...I did attach a nice pic of this project which has all info you need to control devices through your own mobile by pressing numbers..here it is :
plz wish me luck
if there some thing not clear please contact me at :
hazeem_11011@yahoo.com
bye

Attachments

• project.JPG
    project.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,088
I wonder why I run across so many of these cell phone controlled requests like this one? Why are they so urgent? There might be someone that accidentally labels one lead "detonator" on their schematic.

good idea!

hey! i'm also interested, please upload! maybe it will give me some ideas cos i need a project!

hiii all ,,, plz any one want the details of the project "controlling devices using mobile " plz contact me at my email coz I have the file there , so I can send you directly, I already did with many ppl.
my eamil is :
hazeem_11011@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back