Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpall

Hello Everyone,

I have a charger with mains input and 12V DC output, a portable car mirror with 3 wires, an old Router with WiFi and five button-switches plus many electronic components.

Each wire can, at different times, depending on rotation selection, be 0 or 12 volts. The car mirror can be rotated clockwise and anticlockwise both horizontally and vertically using 0 and 12V as shown in the table. The mirror should rotate when a button is pressed and stop rotating when the button is released. I would like to construct a remote controller that can switch the mains on and off and switch on any one of the four rotational options.

B1 B2 B3 B4 Button switches

Green
0​
Yellow
0​
12​
Black/Brown
0​
12​
12​
0​

I could create a circuit diagram to rotate the mirror in 4 directions. However, I could not create a circuit to do it remotely. I do not know which would be better WiFi, Radio Control, or something else?

Why do I need it? Well, I have a narrow garage. I even had to cut Vees in a couple of shelves to enable my car’s driver’s door to open. The mirror would help me park the car close to a carpet stuck on the wall opposite the shelves.

I would be most grateful for guidance on a circuit to control the mirror.

Thanks very much. Kind regards, Bill

The simplest approach I can come up with is a four channel remote with relays from ebay, plus four power relays to control the motor connections.

eg.

plus four, two-pole changeover relays rated eg. 10A or more.

Possible type:

The relay contacts on the remote board just connect power to the coils of the four separate relays, with the other side of those coils to ground (negative). Add flywheel diodes across the relay coils.

For the motor power circuit:
Take power to the two common contacts of the first relay. Link the normally closed contacts of that to the next relay.
And repeat, both normally closed "daisy chained" to the two common of the next, through all four.

Then use the two normally open contacts of each to connect to the appropriate two motor wires to give each of the motor directions.

As soon as any one channel/direction is operated, it also disconnects power from any later relays so it's impossible to have a conflict and short anything or try and drive both directions at once.

Thanks very much rjenkinsgb. That is fantastic. You have made it look so easy. Nice piece of work.
Kind regards,
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back