Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relaying MIDI in to MIDI out. How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalin

Hi. I recently built a foot controller in order to send mute messages to our bands digital mixer over midi. I used Aurduino Uno and a couple of push buttons. Midi from Aurduinos TX 1 via resistor to the DIN midi out jack. It works great.
If i would like to add another of these foot control units for another band mate to mute his instrument, i need a midi-in jack as well to make a chain of fc-pedals.
My question is -Whats the proper way to route the midi signal from in to out jack? Is there a standard solution for this?
regards Staffan Falun, Sweden

Welcome to ETO!
MIDI-in to MDI-out (or MIDI-thru) involves an opto-isolator. This circuit may help to explain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back