Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i have 15k resistor then 1n4004 with the cathode to the right like on the diagram have i wired this one wrong?

yes i have 15k resistor then 1n4004 with the cathode to the right like on the diagram have i wired this one wrong?

hi,
If you have the 'bar' mark of the diode as shown in the diagram , thats correct.

Also you should have the Line input to pin#2, via the resistor and the diode and the Neutral to pin#1

Do you have a picture of the Timer wiring that I could see.???

The Timer unit should work without the relay connected, it should give some indication that is powered up.

Are you sure the Timer is a MEU11 or 17.???

meu11 and i had it wired line to pin 2 neutral to pin 1 the diode is the same as picture and i will try and get a picture but where i have placed it isnt easy and my solderings not the best so it doesnt look neat lol

if i cant get these timers working is there any other small timers that will do the same job switch 230v lighting

this is the best pic i could get i dunno if you can make it out

IMG_0834.jpg

many thanks

jak

does this help?

hi Jak,
Sorry but the image doesn't really make clear how its connected.

Have you tried just the basic set up as shown in fig#6 of the Timer datasheet.?? , using the 15K and diode and relay as shown.

The Timer should show signs of being powered up, on the front panel, ?? Let me know what you see.

thats how its wired, and i see nothing it doesnt start up at all i have contacted timeguard and they dont know whats wrong with it

Last edited:
thats how its wired, and i see nothing it doesnt start up at all i have contacted timeguard and they dont know whats wrong with it

The only suggestion I have is to get Rapid to replace the item under warantee, it may be faulty

Did you at any time reverse the diode or connections... I have to ask

no but the thing is i have 4 of them and all 4 are not working so that makes me think it must be me? i will draw out what i have done.

this is just a quick paint picture but is exactly what i have done

relay layout.jpg

no but the thing is i have 4 of them and all 4 are not working so that makes me think it must be me? i will draw out what i have done.

this is just a quick paint picture but is exactly what i have done

View attachment 58086

Hi,
Checked the fig #6 numbers against the drawing you posted, looks OK to me.

On fig6, it shows pin4 nearest to the PCB edge, is that how you have it wired.??

Attachments

• relay layout.jpg
    relay layout.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 133
i dont understand what you mean but in all the fig's it shows that pin 1 at the top of the unit and it outlines the shape of the unit so you can tell what pin 1 and 4 are so they are correct but i just cant understand why im not getting anything on the screen of the unit

i dont understand what you mean but in all the fig's it shows that pin 1 at the top of the unit and it outlines the shape of the unit so you can tell what pin 1 and 4 are so they are correct but i just cant understand why im not getting anything on the screen of the unit

hi,
Like this image, from the datasheet.

I would contact Rapid technical support, from re checking the data sheet and your drawings the Timers should work

Attachments

• AAesp06.gif
    AAesp06.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 123
ok thanks for the help are there any other timer modules that work or maybe even use something like a pic of some sort to turn lights on and off i nee it to be 24 hour time switch

ok thanks for the help are there any other timer modules that work or maybe even use something like a pic of some sort to turn lights on and off i nee it to be 24 hour time switch

hi,
I use the power socket and plug in type, mechanical switches 24hr in 15min intervals, also the plug in type with LCD display.

On the button cell within the MEU timer, is there a thin insulating strip that has to be removed for the cell to make contact.??

Last edited:
doesnt look like it and i do to but i basically this is for my marine aquarium i have 3 extention leads with 4 timers plugged in and im making it into a mini distribution box with digital timers i like diy projects and enjoy electronics so thought id try these digital timers and i wanted to go to use it because it can be a small digital timer that can be hidden away or in this case it has screens so i can have them on display.

ok i have just got off the phone to timeguard again and for the 3rd time ive had different information from them, he said now that its 12v or 24v unit im feeding 22v ac into it but he mentioned something about dc and when i quoted from their description saying that it can be powered directly from mains with only a relay resistor and diode he said o o ye thats right so im really confused now

ok i have just got off the phone to timeguard again and for the 3rd time ive had different information from them, he said now that its 12v or 24v unit im feeding 22v ac into it but he mentioned something about dc and when i quoted from their description saying that it can be powered directly from mains with only a relay resistor and diode he said o o ye thats right so im really confused now
hi,
I can understand your confusion, they seem to be giving ambiguous information to you.??

Whats your location.???

I'm in Essex and all they keep saying is our engineer will call you tomorrow will t make a difference using fig 7 a 1w 7.5k resistor on each line and neutral? And it would explain why the unit won't turn on if I'm ment to be feeding it dc instead of ac

I'm in Essex and all they keep saying is our engineer will call you tomorrow will t make a difference using fig 7 a 1w 7.5k resistor on each line and neutral? And it would explain why the unit won't turn on if I'm ment to be feeding it dc instead of ac

hi,
So much for their datasheet, showing fig #6 with 15K and a diode.!

I would like to know what their engineer has to say when he has called you, please let me know.

yes i will do, do you reckon thats what it could be i dont want to put a 12v dc feed to it just incase, what i dont understand is im talking to their technical support team surely they should have the awnsers but all they say is o yes follow figure 6, 7 or 8 and that will be ok he said to me that i shouldnt be using a 15k resistor i should be using an 18k to bring it down to 12v, i asked him why that would make a difference when he told me the unit should be powered with 12v or 24v supply but he wouldnt say ac or dc

is there any other module or design, can you use a pic as a timer?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back