Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay help

Status
Not open for further replies.
jaj43123 said:
alright, im using this relay
https://www.newark.com/NewarkWebCom...p?x=0&Ntt=56f1024&Nty=1&N=4&y=0&Ntk=gensearch

its picture is like this
https://www.newark.com/product-details/text/eproc/Em/HTML/Images/Web1/47F1106-12.jpg

i have no experience with relays and need major help on how to hook this up. i need to hook it up to a battery that goes to a switch, then to the relay which goes onto a 555 timer and a buzzer. any help at all will be of major thanks.
what are you trying to do ?
i'm curious because there might be another way to do what you want..

ok so the door opening closes a switch..
switch starts 555 timer
if timer times out , then timer sends a pulse to relay which turns on buzzer ..is that about it??
what type of buzzer are you going to use?

pins 2 & 6 are your relay coil .
pins 1 & 14 are one end of your switch and 7 & 8 are the other end..

Have you noticed that the contacts of the relay you have chosen are normally closed?

yes, i thought that was what i needed for this project, as did three other people, all of which have bachlorettes in electronicity and electronics (dont know the exact term). should i be using a normally open?

That depends on what, exactly, you want to do with it.

If the relay coil isn't energised, its contacts are closed, so if you use it to control your buzzer, the buzzer would sound. This would mean you have to energise the relay to switch the buzzer off.

Ok. Those contacts could be closed when the door is closed or open when the door is closed.

Are you trying to do the same as "jaj43123" in the other thread?

With that buzzer, which takes only a very small current, there is no need to use a relay.
The relay would be used if the buzzer took a high current or was mains operated. (And a normally open contact relay too.)

Just use one of the circuits I put in the other thread, depending on whether your door contacts are normally open or closed. Instead of putting the relay coil and a diode in the collector circuit just connect your buzzer instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back