Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding the motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

electricano

i heard that if we increase the supply voltage to a dc motor , we are able to decrease the current that it will draw.is it correct???

what is meant by:
1)stall current
2)no load current
3)full load current
4)stall torque

i confuse with these terms............ :?

Stall current -- the current that is drawn when the motor is at its full rated voltage and the shaft is stalled.

No load current -- the current that is drawn when the shaft spins freely (unloaded) at its rated speed.

full load current -- the current drawn with the full rated load connected to the output shaft at the full rated speed.

stall torque -- amount of torque with the shaft stalled and the motor at its full rated voltage.

i read a specification of a wiper motor and it tells me that its no load current is 2Aand full load current is even larger.is it the current that will flow through the motor when i connect it to a 12V battery?it is too large for the controller.........

Yes, the 2A is the current flowing through the motor. Starting currents (stall current) can be 6-12 times the full-load current (in your case, 12-24A). This starting current only flows for a fraction of a second, though.

if i want to build a H-bridge with transistors such as TIP120 to control the direction of the motor, that means the high current will burn the transistors?how to cope with this situation?

For H-bridge circuits, it is a better idea to use power mosfets. they have lower power losses and higher current handling capability than bipolars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back