Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding heartbeat monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrior21

hi
i am final year student and i am making my final year project as heartbeat monitor by keith wilson.
Can someone post the correct working hex code of this project.
Please help me regarding hex code because as i tried to build the hemon.asm file it contains many errors. As i am new to PIC programming so i couldnt resolve these errors.

The binary files are built for a specific microcontroller. The exact model would be required for someone to build it for you. You really need to be able to compile the source yourself.

Dan East

here is source code for heartbeat monitor

I am attaching source code for the heartbeat monitor by keith wilson in this post.
This circuit uses PIC16F84 microcontroller.

Attachments

• hemonsourcecode.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 654
problem with the source code

;****************************************************************
;Name : Initialisation
;Description : system initialisation and mainloop
;Inputs : none
;Outputs : none
Initialisation:

;system initialisation

;port A and port B initialisation

bcf status,rp1 ;select bank1 register
bsf status,rp0

movlw PORTA_CONFIG1 ;porta configuration
movwf trisa
movlw PORTB_CONFIG1 ;portb configuration
movwf trisb

bcf status,rp0 ;select bank0 registers

movlw 0x00 ;disable all displays
movwf porta
when I am build the code .
then I get errors
these errors:
Message[302] D:\HEARTBEAT MONITOR SOURCE CODE\HEMON.ASM 79 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] D:\HEARTBEAT MONITOR SOURCE CODE\HEMON.ASM 81 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.

what am i 2 do?

pls i need quick help, i just constructed heartbeat monitor by keith Wilson and my circuit is not working at all. I programmed the PIC using the same source code that was supplied. Do i need 2 make modifications to my circuit? what type of waveform is expected at the LM358 output? I have a sawtooth waveform can this be counted by the pic? what modifications shld i make to the program?pls someone help urgently.

CanonMan75 said:
Here's a reply:

Stop begging.

:rolleyes:

I had to say it, I just couldn't help it!

There's plenty of good stuff on this forum, but it's really annoying having to wade through so many 'begging' threads to get to it :mad:

im having a stab in the dark, but,

you may need to step up the voltage from the 358 so that it reaches the scale of 0-5V, and maybe use a schottky diode(are they the ones that limit hysteresis errors?) would clean it up abit.

im not sure if the schottky diode is the correct one, but whatever is the one im thinking of allows even sine waves to be counted accuratly by a pic..

ok

Airight, thanks no begging, but there has been no reply yet and i have got limited time cuz it is for my final year project.

ebonymj37 said:
Airight, thanks no begging, but there has been no reply yet and i have got limited time cuz it is for my final year project.

I suggest yoiu try fault finding then, presumably no one here has built the project, and the original authors site has disappeared.

ebonymj37 said:

Bloody hell is this for real?. A final year project is supposed to demonstrate your competance and skill as an engineer. If you copy someone elses project what does that show you have learned?

I dont know where your from but if your refering to a degree program final year project i would be totally ashamed of myself for ripping an entire project off and passing it off as your own.

Andy

warrior21 said:
;Name : Initialisation
;Description : system initialisation and mainloop
;Inputs : none
;Outputs : none
Initialisation:

;system initialisation

;port A and port B initialisation

bcf status,rp1 ;select bank1 register
bsf status,rp0

movlw PORTA_CONFIG1 ;porta configuration
movwf trisa
movlw PORTB_CONFIG1 ;portb configuration
movwf trisb

bcf status,rp0 ;select bank0 registers

movlw 0x00 ;disable all displays
movwf porta
when I am build the code .
then I get errors
these errors:
Message[302] D:\HEARTBEAT MONITOR SOURCE CODE\HEMON.ASM 79 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.
Message[302] D:\HEARTBEAT MONITOR SOURCE CODE\HEMON.ASM 81 : Register in operand not in bank 0. Ensure that bank bits are correct.

when working in bank0 registers do not access registers in bank1, if you need to do so then set proper bank bits

andy257 said:
Bloody hell is this for real?. A final year project is supposed to demonstrate your competance and skill as an engineer. If you copy someone elses project what does that show you have learned?

I dont know where your from but if your refering to a degree program final year project i would be totally ashamed of myself for ripping an entire project off and passing it off as your own.

Andy
Well said Andy-- perhaps it will force them to become lifelong dependent and a real and eminent engineer is expected of them-- i totally am for being tough and i am sure their mind will open up due to need.

Last edited:
what is scary is that those kind of "engineers" (degreed but non compus technus) get hired to work on life/safety equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back