Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommendations on daq card for logging scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

What I need:

A scope system that will hook up to labview or comparable with 4 channels and ability to sample at least at 50M samples/sec or so. I will need to log and compare data from separate channels recorded simultaneously. I also will need to output another frequency that will sweep from 0-500 pulses/sec with an amplitude of .1V or so.

That .1V output along with the other channel inputs will all need to be logged and compared. For instance, I will need to compare my output signal to CH1 at 200 pulses/sec and compare the peak offset, if any.

I will be capturing square and sine wave data.

I am hoping what I am describing is a relatively basic 4 ch scope and probably not even in the high speed category.... I am just wondering if the output signal will be a problem. I know some cards do this.

I would prefer to buy a DAQ type device for this for use with a laptop rather than buying a complete scope. I will admit that my partner is much more knowledgeable in this area but he is too busy to shop around.

When I visit NI website, I get lost FAST wiwth so many choices. I need a little hand holding I guess to learn this stuff. I am also open to other options as well. Don't have to go this route but ultimately need to send and receive frequencies and record all of it.

OH - I did want to ask a dumb question. I see some scope advertised as say "4mhz" and some as "30msps". How does the frequency compare to the msps? is 4mhz the same as 4msps? Am I off track?

thanks!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back