Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver circuit for Senscomp electrostatic transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeoshiki

Anyone used an electrostatic transducer from Senscomp before? I am stuck with getting it to work as a receiver. I am used the Senscomp 600 series transducer. Its works find with the Senscomp 6500 ranging module but I wanted to get it to work without the ranging module. Supposingly, I just need to apply a 200V bias to the transducer (using a DC-DC converter, HITEK GMA 12-200PE) and put RC circuit between the transducer's output and the oscilloscope (to filter off the DC bias for measuring on the oscilloscope).

I don't seem to be getting anything. Anyone has any idea what has gone wrong?

"I don't seem to be getting anything" isn't nearly enough information. Do you have the +200V DC bias? Have you measured it? What level are you reading the input from the transducer? It only puts out a few millivolts of signal, basically you have to run the output through a capacitor, resistor and a clip-limiter (diodes to Vcc and ground) so that you don't blow out your opamp, then into an opamp with some gain (try 100x) before you would have much of a signal to look at on a scope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back