Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reapir acer n35

Status
Not open for further replies.

morcillasabrosa

Hello everyone. I am new here and I have got a small question regarding a fix to make my old acer n35 pocket pc usable again.
My nightmare started two years ago, when I accidently reversed the polarity when charging the device. Since then, the onboard li-ion battery charger chip burnt out and no longer charges the battery. The battery was fine and survived, and so did the rest of the ppc. But in order to make it work it had to be constantly plugged to a acdc adapter, and each time I unplugged it from the wall I had to reload the software whenever I plugged it back in. A complete niusance.
I devised a way to add a eight NiMH battery pack with velcro on the back, extending it's working time to about 14 hours nonstop with gps software. But that was bulky and didn't really fit easily in one's pocket. I still had to reload the software each time I remove the battery pack to charge the batteries with an external battery charger.
I would like to know if anybody can help me out with this idea I'm planning:
If I use a 3.7 single cell Lipo battery that fits inside the PPC, in parallel with the DC input of the device, could I reacharge the battery using an external Lipo charger without disconnecting the PPC at all?
The standard Acer n35 wallwart is 5V and 2A. Would that power consumption be to high for a Lipo charger to handle?
The Acer N35 isn't all that much of a device. It's "out of date" already and can't really run any new software on it. I just enjoy trying to get ig going again, for fun.
Thank you.

Maybe my explanation was not too clear. To put it simply, is it possible to charge a Li-Po battery using a Li-Po charger without disconnecting the device it is supposed to power? If so, are there any special considerations?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back