Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Acer laggy keyboard

starLED

Keyboard on my Acer Aspire ES 11 notebook started to be laggy.
When I type sometimes some keys are not detected, then I have to type again, but slower.
There isn't particular key that is not working, seems that in typing some keys are not detected.

Notebook is 6 years old, and battery is almost flat (it can last 1 min.), power supply is always connected.

What can be an issue?
Can the bad battery cause this?

They are usually just a membrane key matrix, with the electronics built in to the machine motherboard, so a new keyboard is purely replacing the switch contacts and not any electronics.
I didn't know that, I thought that the keyboard contained electronics.

Edit - apparently the machine full model is ES1-131 or ES1-132?
It's ES1-132
Thanks for the keyboard links.

I have one stupid question though. :banghead:
Can I spill IPA (isopropil alcohol) onto the keyboard to clean the contacts?
I figure, if water can damage keyboard, maybe alcohol can clean it?
I would remove the keyboard first.

Last edited:
I once spilled beer on a laptop and cleaned it next day by pouring a whole bottle of IPA on the keyboard vertically then using central vac hose on the side fan vent to dry it out. That worked for me.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back