Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Readily available ±15V regulator board from reputable sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vizier87

Hi fellas.

May I have suggestions to what are the best available 15V split rail output (meaning ±15V) regulators available in the market?

It should have a maximum output rating of 200 mA.

I've identified only one by Traco power but I'm not sure if there are other alternatives too. Maybe smaller ones with more or less the same ratings, and if adjustable, even better.

But, if I may add, I can't use most of the cheaper Chinese options. They're mostly designed by unknowns so I can't afford to look bad, unless they're reputable ones. I've used the cheaper ones, and they're actually pretty okay. But I'm designing this for a utility company so...

Thanks!

What is the input voltage that you have?

I would have understood "regulator" to be something that reduces the voltage, so probably a linear regulator. If that is the case, a 7815 and a 7915 would be a very simple way of doing it.

The Traco Power device that you linked to is a converter that produces a split supply from a single voltage, and it's isolated. There is a significant cost in having those features.

What is the input voltage that you have?

I would have understood "regulator" to be something that reduces the voltage, so probably a linear regulator. If that is the case, a 7815 and a 7915 would be a very simple way of doing it.

The Traco Power device that you linked to is a converter that produces a split supply from a single voltage, and it's isolated. There is a significant cost in having those features.
Sorry I forgot to mention, the input voltage is nominally 24V DC but I'm hoping that it'll be from 9-25V DC.

Yeah, the isolated split supply feature is a must. The sensors I'm testing requires that kind of supply, which is kinda annoying.

I've used these Chinese ones and they work fine. Unfortunately, we don't even know who made them and that... is not acceptable for my client.

I've sighted the Texas Instruments TPS65130 too. Unfortunately they're out of stock, not to mention the time needed to spend on the PCB design and testing... and I just need around 30 units anyway so it's not worth it.

1667201374897.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back