Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruzfactor

I'm really interested in RC cars. What's the easiest way to build a RC car. Where to start from?

Thanx

Btw I have an old cannon bubble jet printer. What useful things I can salvage from it?

I'm really interested in RC cars. What's the easiest way to build a RC car. Where to start from?

Thanx

Btw I have an old cannon bubble jet printer. What useful things I can salvage from it?

I suspect, by your question, that you don't just want to assemble a kit that you buy from the store, but you want to do something a bit more challenging. Perhaps the best way to really get going and have some fun quickly is to get your hands on a broken or used RC car (and its remote control), take it apart and re-use the electronics and motors within your own custom chassis. In this way, you aren't biting off more than you can chew. Building a chassis and body that actually works is pretty challenging, and you won't be faced with the electronics complexities to start with.

Ron is correct. The mechanical aspect of RC design is much more challenging than the electrical portion.

See image below of my custom built Nitro dragster. The electronics were simple servos and a rx unit. The rest was the hard part. Also, be advised that building your own RC will cost quite a bit.

Attachments

• dragster1.jpg
    dragster1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 211
  • dragster2.jpg
    dragster2.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 203
It is easier to buy.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads