Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Bot

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC Bot dude

I am building an RC robot and I want to build the entire thing myself, thus, I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I can find a book or site on building RC transmitters.

Thank you for any help

Another Question

I have another question pertaining to this, does anyone know how I might have a row of LEDs that act as a battery indicator (say 5 in a row and if 1 5th of the battery power was gone only 4 LEDs would be lit)

What do you want your "robot" to do. How many tasks or functions must it perform?
Is operating solely under your control, will it have to make some or all desicions for it's self or is it just following pre-programmed orders ?

I just want an RC transmitter/reciever to tell the bot to go forward and back left/right (like you can buy at any hobby shop) but I want to make it so that I learn about electronics in the process. I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a book or site with instructions or schematics.

Try www.rentron.com to get some ideas, then buy the modules from laipac.com to save some money. Laipac also has some higher power modules. Check into AVR microcontrollers if you think you'll need one.

You might want to consider looking at a circuit that uses Infra Red light to control your robot as opposed to radio waves , it's less difficult to set up.

Thanks guys, it's going to cost me way too much money to build my own transmitter so I'll just buy one. Thanks for the info though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back