Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rat zapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trap them with this
Then Shoot them with a pellet gun. This way you don't hurt the other animals.

Yo missed the part where he said "nothing else is working". I would assume traps and poison were his first moves, you?

Never met a Pack Rat that would not go in a trap. Infinity to the 10th power supply of them also.

Where can I find info on how to zap rats with electicity.all else has failed.idk how to use the knowledge base here.I'm old.slow.
Capt electric60 I can't tell from your post whether you want design advice or just construction info:confused:? So assuming latter if trap is just for your own personal use you can have examples of tried and true devices by just searching on-line patent sites:)

Sry I can't link a patent cuz I'm not sure that's according to site rules and I'd hate to get demerit during my first _semester_ on here:eek:!

Now if you want to design trap from scratch I suggest you start with brief study of rodent CVS with emphasis on timing of cardiac cycle and design-controllable factors effecting subject myocardial irritability (for example stimulation of animal as result of exertion/stress reaching _kill zone_ of trap, reaction to bait odor and like that) whole idea being pre-conditioning of animal and optimizing shock-pulse pattern to facilitate efficient inducement of VF.

So here's important disclaimer: I'm NOT a zoologist or veterinarian! But I am aware that rodents are much more _delicate_ in this regard than humans (which are pretty delicate too:eek::() so I can definitely say that unlike _Old Sparky_ well designed trap doesn't need to _cook_ the organism to destroy it:cool:! (Now actually a well designed _chair_ wouldn't need to either but I better shut up while I'm still ahead...;))

Last edited:
I suggest you start with brief study of rodent CVS with emphasis on timing of cardiac cycle and design-controllable factors effecting subject myocardial irritability (for example stimulation of animal as result of exertion/stress reaching _kill zone_ of trap, reaction to bait odor and like that) whole idea being pre-conditioning of animal and optimizing shock-pulse pattern to facilitate efficient inducement of VF.

LOL! You could have been State Electrician! -- But ya wound up here:p

TTFN
HP:)

Last edited:
LOL! You could have been State Electrician! -- But ya wound up here:p

TTFN
HP:)
HP you're funny but I say a serious question deserves a proper response:)!

Capt electric60 BTW If any of us have helped plz show common courtesy of followup post! And if we've been of no help at all plz tell us how we can be! Cuz no response comes across like entitlement-mentality rudeness that's driving more and more ppl on educational sites into just off-topic area (which is death spiral of educational fourms) Cuz w/o feedback we have no way to know we're not just wasting our time:banghead:!

Capt electric60 BTW If any of us have helped plz show common courtesy of followup post!
A common problem.
The OP was last logged in here on the 3rd of February, which potentially means that he has only seen the first reply. Unless of course he visited the site and did not log in.

JimB

A common problem.
JimB tnx for response! I totally agree it's a way too common problem:rolleyes: But definitely NOT limited to ETO:cool:!

So anyhow some ppl might disagree but I say shaming (but not to point of flaming) _fly by_ posters is appropriate cuz I think most of them aren't actually intending to be rude so hopefully it can get message across w/o antagonizing or scaring away ppl with questions:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back