Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Range - Max range sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

Trying to find info about a Range Max G8086A MP9345 Not much luck LOL
range 1 (1).jpg

range 1 (2).jpg

range 1 (3).jpg

It is a 10Ghz transmitter receiver module.
Probably used as part of an automatic door opener system.

JimB

Dang don't think I'll be doing much with that but it was used to see if people was in the building
but they broke the rest of it that's all i could save LOL

Thanks

Nice datasheet.

Yes I think that the Gunn diode is the device in the centre of the waveguide cavity, but whether the resistor is there for static protection or just a leftover from where the thing was used I could not comment.

JimB

Dang you can't play with it without a....
As the datasheet dates from 1984, I suspect that such things have been licence free for many years now.

But rjenkins and I have both have licences which would cover it if adjusted to the frequency range 10.0 to 10.5 GHz.

JimB

Last edited:
As the datasheet dates from 1984, I suspect that such things have been licence free for many years now.

Many burglar alarm PIR's also have radar modules now, plus the normal PIR type sensors - in order to avoid false triggering they require both sensors to be triggered. So if you wanted to play with a radar module, that would be a cheap way - and presumably licence free?.

That's what it came out of But one of the brite guy's I have working for me ran over it LOL so all that was usable is that part

Agreed. If you buy a dual mode sensor for an alarm system (which includes a 10GHz doppler sensor) there is no mention of any licensing requirement.

This is a current doppler radar type (the DT- one), 10.587GHz and has no requirements whatsoever for licencing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back