Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Railing based Driving simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

shehry

hi,

i am trying to make a driving simulator. the entire function is to give the effects of linear and centripetal acceleration to the user.

from what i saw on the net, mostly they use a stewart platform or something of the sort for that purpose. it has 6 hydraulic legs. and thus provides 6 degrees of freedom (dof).

a stewart platform would be a very expensive solution for what i am trying to do, so i decided to implement the thing using two railings. one for the x-component and one for the y-component. i use bicycle chains for moving my assembly.

has anyone ever worked on such a design before? and has some advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back