Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Shack Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey guys just remembered i have a Job Interview for Radio Shack this Wednesday and i was wondering if i can get some people to wish me some luck.

I know Radio Shack isnt the biggest thing but it will be steady work at least. And i can order parts and have em come in free shipping! lol

If i get the job its gonna be fun. I dont mind doing boring work really. As long as i can get a steady weekly check ill be happy :D

Anyway wish me luck guys!

Good luck and I hope you get the gig. I know RS has gotten a pretty poor reputation over the last decade or so, but a job is what you make of it, so if you get it give it your best shot.

Know matter how dumb you might think your boss or peers there are there is bound something to can learn from them even if it's to be sure to not be like them;)

Lefty

Mine was at a local small town mini truck stop! I helped set the place up for almost a month before it opened! Loved that job too! Great customers, coworkers, and boss!:)
Plus only having to work 40 hours a week! :D
Minimum wage for only 40 hours of work even after takeouts was still 5 times more than I got paid at home even with way less work hours too!:)

$4.25 an hour. And money left to burn. Thems some good memories. :)(probably a bit sad though huh.):eek:

Heh its not my first interview but its been a while since i had to dress up for a job and talk proper lol

Thanks guys not sure what to expect but i usually am nice to everyone even if they are jerks. I learned thats the only way to stay at a job.

But i hate people who think they can get away with it.

Im a tall guy about 6' 3" to 6' 4" and people tend to try and argue with me to see what i do... I usually brush it off because i think of this...

I got to goto court for punching someone in the face. The judge is gonna be like "you could have killed that poor man, you deserve to do time" lol

i dont want to goto jail and miss my sons life just cuz some jerk got me mad.

I hear ya. 6'3" 250 # and muscular built farm boy. I can hold my own with at 1200# horse so people dont really pose much physical threat from my perspective.
And ya you martial arts guys can take me easy enough.
But are ya sniper proof? Or can you hear a coasting vehicle with bald tires on a windy day? :eek::D

Seriously though 20 years ago I would have been so jealous of you working at Radio shack! :eek: Now my electronics shop beats the modern Radio Shack a hundred times over!
Still you get to work with the people. I always liked that part at any job.:)

Heh Lucky you ... i wish i was raised a farm boy... I always wanted to do all the hard work and have fresh air. I think i would have loved it :D

Thats another reason i dont pick fights... im in NY .... its possible to get hit by a bullet for no reason. Especially where i live... hence why i stay home most the time.

Rent is too much money and my wife doesnt want to move out of state or out of metro area.

a 2 bedroom apt would be around $1200-$3000 a month and that does not include water, electric or anything else.

You have a electronics shop?

Last edited:
Good luck Jason.

People are going to be in for a big shock if you do get the job. Imagine, a Radio Shack employee that knows something about electronics. What ever next. :D:D

Mike.

Hey guys just remembered i have a Job Interview for Radio Shack this Wednesday and i was wondering if i can get some people to wish me some luck.

I know Radio Shack isnt the biggest thing but it will be steady work at least. And i can order parts and have em come in free shipping! lol

If i get the job its gonna be fun. I dont mind doing boring work really. As long as i can get a steady weekly check ill be happy :D

Anyway wish me luck guys!

Well, I wish you the best of luck. Be the best damn salesman you can be. Do not just trod through the job but embrace it and excel. The pay may not meet your needs but if you love your job and do it well, the rewards will follow. Trust me on this one. :)

-----------------edit---------------------------------

Who knows, a perspective buyer at the store may also be a future employer.

Last edited:
Mike (pommie) as always you crack me up man. lol it will be a first for the company right! lol

Mikebits:
Thats why im gonna try hard because i know these types of companies allow personal franchise like one day if i make enough i can open my own radio shack. (doubt i would but heh)

If i get the job i will open my own ONLINE store and sell parts and stuff. Since ill have some steady money to buy stock from online wholesalers.
I would start on EBAY and then move to a personal site.

Ebay is so i can get the feel of selling without having to keep and eye on stock levels :D

heh im tired its 2:25AM here and while i am tired i find it so hard to sleep. Maybe i need my wife to wake up and put me to bed :D heh

Anyway im going to try and lay down for a while to see if i can sleep. Please feel free to keep posting ill read it in a few hours :D i usually get about only 5-6 hours of sleep...

I dont like wasting time sleeping. if i need sleep ill get it if not then i will stay up :D

Your still young. Things will work out, and I am sure you will be okay. Don't stress so much... Sleep well.

I got to goto court for punching someone in the face. The judge is gonna be like "you could have killed that poor man, you deserve to do time" lol
That is a worry, hopefully your first encounter with the law, in which case I imagine you will have to attend some classes or such and not much else.

I have seen enough Judge Judy, you better be real humble and look remorseful when you see the judge.

Good luck on that...

Last edited:
That is a worry, hopefully your first encounter with the law, in which case I imagine you will have to attend some classes or such and not much else.
I have seen enough Judge Judy, you better be real humble and look remorseful when you see the judge.
Good luck on that...

Mike,

You should reread Jason's post. That is what he thinks to enable himself to brush it off.

Mike.

Mike,

You should reread Jason's post. That is what he thinks to enable himself to brush it off.

Mike.

You lost me there Pommie. All I was trying to say is that he can overcome this obstacle and move on, not the end of the world.

hi Mike,
I think you you have taken a clip out of context.:)

Jason said:
I usually brush it off because i think of this...

i dont want to goto jail and miss my sons life just cuz some jerk got me mad.

Anyway, I hope you get the job at Radio Shack and you enjoy it.

What qualifications do you have?

If you have any formal qualifications above what a normal school leaver will have, then you'll be lucky to get the job. Shops and other employers offering low skilled work are often weary of giving jobs to people who are overqualified because they'll just walk out as soon as something better comes their way.

Good luck with the online business but I'm not sure how much money there is in selling parts these days.

Last edited:
hi Mike,
I think you you have taken a clip out of context.:)

Jason said:

Gosh you are right, now I see the point. I tend to read quickly and often skip major points. See what college does... :)

Thanks for pointing that out Eric.

Sorry Pommie.

Last edited:
heh yeah, I have never been arrested or have a bad record of any kind.

I dont want any either so ill be good. :D

Im not stressing it tho, im just hoping that it goes well so i can finally get a steady check :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back