Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Shack Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh there are about 4 other guys at my store including the manager, asst manager and normal worker. There are about 7-8 different girls. and Always more being hired. Sometimes we use our store to train them and they get to work in another store.

My manager knows if we dont sell it i can recommend another place to get it. Mainly because. Since we cant help them with the part, its still nice to tell them other options.

We dont carry triacs at all i think. I know we do have power transistors tho but i would have to search the net for what kind he had and stuff. Wouldnt be hard but not sure if google works on those PCs. They block a lot of things :(

Anyway, i work at 11am - 5pm (part time) today but for some reason i wake up at 5am lol and cant sleep after that. it sucks but heh i still have to take my son to daycare at 8am everyday too. So 5am isnt so bad. Gives me alot of time to wake up and prepare something to eat and relax before the day fully starts.

EDIT:
Welcome back Hero999

heh Hero999 just dont get tied down by a girl yet lol (how old are you?)

Last edited:
I'm 27 and still live with my parents, house prices are too high in the UK.:(

I don't see why thats so bad. I live with just my wife. It seems like we should still have extended familily and multiple family homes as the excepted norm. Less housing costs, more people to take care of chores, groceries cost less in bulk, cooking one large meal is easier than cooking several small ones, grandparents watching grandkids keeps them from being lonely and keeps the kids out of daycare which would burden the people of working age. And it was the norm for most of human cultures for most of history. Sorry for the nonsequitor. It's just a thought I have when people talk about Needing to move out, or having moved out and not being able to afford it.

Around here most of the cultures that settled here are from extended family types. Its very common for children to live at home until they get married or need to move out because of where they find work.
Its very common to see farmsteads with three or even four houses in one yard.
Grand parents in one, Mom and Dad in one, and one or two of the children or even grandchildren having the others.
Its been custom around here partly because of heritage and partly because family farms are typically passed on from one generation to another.
The generational passing often is like my families. I do most of the primary work now and thusly hold the primary responsibility's for equipment maintenance, land up keep and hay crop harvesting. I am becoming the primary care taker and stand to inherit the larger part of the farm for my efforts.
My Dad still handles the finances and his animals that I dont care to deal with.

My brother lives in the house I grew up in. My dad bought the house my grandparents lived in (across the valley from my brothers place) and moved over there when they moved into town a several years ago. And I started my place from scratch 10 years ago. (a half mile up the valley from them)

I worked for the shack for over 17 years when it was Tandy Corp. Made a ton of money selling computers and working in their long defunct business products division. They had outstanding employee investment programs and I was lucky to win several cruises for my sales performance. It was fun while it lasted at least I got good deals on parts & stuff. You have to have a good sense of humor dealing with the public... It started driving me nuts towards the end. One of my old district managers is in the corporate real estate there and an old fellow manager is now a district manager.

heh wanted to update this :D

Im still working at the shack and its kind of fun. I dont make a lot of money since i do stock and am part time. But i plan to move to sales floor and stock. This way i can earn more.

The good news is i found out i can by scrap from them. Scrap is/are products which cannot be sent to repair or returned for credit. Like if someone buys a mouse and returns it and they dont resell it i can buy it.

Same goes for a few things not alot but stuff like webcams, mice, antennas, keyboards, house phones..

i bought a mouse and a house phone : links below : for $5 total! I was like omg i love my manager cuz he could have been a as* and sold me it half price but he sells me it for $2 or so.

iHome™ Wireless 5-Button Programmable Laser Mouse (Blue) - RadioShack.com
Presidian DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone w/ Answering System - RadioShack.com

Can you imagine i saved around $100 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back