Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Shack Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
You replied to quickly and missed some of my edits to my original post... :)

heh yeah i just noticed. Heh thanks for the compliments. I would love to work in a normal electronics type company but heh i wouldnt even know where to look for one or where to start.

Hero999 is banned for 48 hours for his abusive behaviour, and hereby wanred about his future conduct! - moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys wanted to update you all. Im still working well all is good.

The manager told me in about a month or so since im doing so good, hes gonna give be a $0.50 USD raise.

And if i can handle everything on my own in 2-3 months hell give me a $2 raise.

Right now i make $7.15 (minimum wage) a hour. In a month i can make $7.65 and in 2-3 months ill be getting $9.65 a hour.

This sounds great! IMO.

Congrats dude! Before too long you'll have your own store. Be the kingpin! :D

Don't forget to show the customers how much you appreciate them...

**broken link removed**

Congrats Jason,

The important thing is to enjoy your time there. When you get a customer with a problem, fix it. An employee with a gripe, sympathise. If a customer winds you up then lay one on his chin. Just kidding, I know you are an understanding guy and you will succeed at what you are doing. Just be the best there.

Mike.

Thanks Mike.... I try to have fun lol sometimes there is nothing to do. I assume its because i finish my duties too quick. Dont get me wrong there is a lot of stuff to do but its easy small things. I finish my whole days work in about half day. Then i help others out.

My job is stock. I dont even have to help customers. But i still do. not because someone tells me to but because its fun sometimes and people like it when they talk to someone who is going to understand what there talking about.

Yesterday a Jewish male came in the store with a PCB. He asked another employee ,do you sell these part here and what is this part. and how can i remove this.

In a calm motion i talked my way in and helped the customer out.

He wanted to replace these transistor looking items. I think there were triacs or power transistors. Wasnt 100% sure. But i told him we dont carry the parts needed by him but gave him the web address to ..digikey, newark and mouser.

Then i went over the desoldering techniques and explained if he uses a wick its faster and easier then a desoldering pump IMO.

And ended up selling him a desoldering wick and some soldering tools.

Hes was happy that i knew what i was talking about. And wasnt just trying to sell him something.

About 20 minutes after that my manager calls me in the back room. There is a girl sitting on the chair , shes in training (on the PC in the back). He asked me can you help her out with these electronics questions. i was like sure.

Within about 1 minute. She knew what a DIODE, Capacitor, Transformer and resistor was and what there purpose was.

I like helping people thats the thing. But i am one shy guy when it comes to helping a pretty lady. (im a blusher :D )

So i know as long as i keep up the good work they are going to love me working there and want to make sure im comfortable since i make the customers want to come back instead of pushing them away.

I here so many employees arguing with customers heh its not really funny but i wounder how they still have a job?

Heh. I work in about 1 hr so im off to reshower and get a nice cold cup of soda :D

Sounds like you are doing it all good (probably an Aussy saying). Keep it up.

Mike.

Thanks guys. I got out a couple hours ago. Tired :D but heh its work.

The girls that work there are all flirty like hell. But heh im married (technically) i wouldnt dare do anything that would cost me my 8 years of being with my wife/girl and my job. Just for a fling heh not my style...

dont wanna sound cocky but.... im too smart for that :D

The girls that work there are all flirty like hell. But heh im married (technically) i wouldnt dare do anything that would cost me my 8 years of being with my wife/girl and my job. Just for a fling heh not my style...

President Clinton was smart, well sort of...

Good for you. You sound like a real man :)

Atom just think about selling cel phones and you'll not have time to get into trouble

heh im about to buy a new cell phone tomorrow. My old one is crap :( heh

Im just happy i get paid in 2 more days :D I know my check will be crap but heh its better than nothing.

He wanted to replace these transistor looking items. I think there were triacs or power transistors. Wasnt 100% sure. But i told him we dont carry the parts needed by him but gave him the web address to ..digikey, newark and mouser.
Be careful, you might get in trouble for recommending the competition.

Don't you have a special order service for parts you don't normally stock?

And ended up selling him a desoldering wick and some soldering tools.
In my view you did the right thing, the soldering tools plus wick will cost much more than a few TRIACs, I just hope the manager would see it the same way.

There is a girl sitting on the chair , shes in training (on the PC in the back). He asked me can you help her out with these electronics questions. i was like sure.

Within about 1 minute. She knew what a DIODE, Capacitor, Transformer and resistor was and what there purpose was.

I like helping people thats the thing. But i am one shy guy when it comes to helping a pretty lady. (im a blusher :D )
That's one thing I miss about working in a shop: the girls.:D

Heck I've just being made redundant and I'm single too, so I'll see if they're any jobs going at Maplin's or any job I can find where there pretty women work.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back