Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio receiver on TA2003P

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Samsung datasheet for the KA2206 has no curves. What are they hiding?
The FCI datasheet shows a typical output at clipping into 4 ohms with a 9V supply is only 1W.

With a 9V supply its typical power into 4 ohms with a horrible-sounding 10% distortion is 2.3W per channel and is a minimum of only 1.7W. At only 0.25W its max distortion is a horrible 1.5%.

I think it will melt if it has a 12V supply and 4 ohm loads.

the datasheet of KA2206 can be found here, though not belonging to Samsung.
It has the graphs that audioguru wanted to examine perhaps.

Details and datasheet on part: KA2206

Last edited:
I think the tiny TDA1904 amplifier is not made anymore because the two largest American electronic parts distributors do not have any.
Its output at clipping into 4 ohms with a 9V supply is only 1.5W and is only 3W with a 12V supply.

It is almost impossible to use a heatsink. It would probably overheat.
It is single-ended so its output power is low and it needs a huge output coupling capacitor.

I like the TDA7240A bridged amplifier IC. With a 12V supply its output into 4 ohms at clipping is 11W and is 14W with a 13.2V supply. It doesn't need a huge output coupling capacitor. It has a metal tab for bolting to a heatsink.

Why do you want to cutoff low bass frequencies?

I've got a PHILIPS MW/SW mini pocket receiver today. It has has more than 10years of age I assume. I opened it and see the TDA7220 inside. Wow! LA4510 is the amplifier like my other transistorized MW receiver(Philips India Ltd).

Let me tell it is an awesome performer on AM. The IC is capable of processing FM IF inputs for demodulation(not used). Very sensitive and selective as it uses crystal based IF control over AM.

Somebody hasn't got any clue while the battery terminal wire has been broken and left unusable for a period. I cleaned it well and soldered. It is singing well now :).

Thank you all very much for your help. I will choose from one of ICs suggested by you. I will inform you about the further progress of constructing the radio.
See you.

I saw a post of one mane that wants to construct am/fm radio as me.
Could you tell me which of the IC's is the best TEA5710,TA8614P or TDA7220?
I also enclose a circuit diagram of my radio receiver (old version, KA2206 as output amplifier; finally I want to use TDA1517)

See you;
Jan

Attachments

• rst-15m schemat.jpg
    rst-15m schemat.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 4,349
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back