Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio circuits on breadboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
because for RF a track can act like an arial/antenna.

Since breadboards (those white things??) you end up having non-optimum routing of signals you end up with lots of cross-talk and your SNR is extreamly poor

since the tracks are so close together, they act like a capacitor, i think i heard like a .1 or .01 uf capacitor.

if u want to prototype a circuit, a really fast and effective way is to punch holes in cardboard, and then solder the leads on the other sides. its reealy sloppy, but it works pretty well as long as ur not going really high in frequency.

zachtheterrible said:
since the tracks are so close together, they act like a capacitor, i think i heard like a .1 or .01 uf capacitor.

if u want to prototype a circuit, a really fast and effective way is to punch holes in cardboard, and then solder the leads on the other sides. its reealy sloppy, but it works pretty well as long as ur not going really high in frequency.

I doubt the breadboard tracks have that much capacitance. Prolly more like 100 pF in worst cases but that is still enough to be significant at RF freqs. I would suggest building circuits on a copper clad board. Route-out or drill out areas that you dont want coupled to the plane (presumably AC ground). I have used this method successfully many times for high speed circuits (100 MHz of fidelity range).

like i sed, i didnt quite remember :lol:

u can also get perfboard, it works well, thats wut i built my first succesful transmitter on.

i struggled with trying to build a transmitter on a breadboard for about a year :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back