Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radial electrolytic caps - R.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boncuk

I've just downloaded a datasheet for radial electrolytic caps.

There is a numeric value for R.C., which I suppose stands for the pin distance.

Can anybody shed some light on the numbers and what is the basis for calculating the pin distance, e.g. 1,000µF/63V has an R.C. value of 1930.

Boncuk

hi Hans,
The RC on devices often refers to their country of manufacture,,,, RC Republic of China.

Regards

Hi Eric,

welcome back and a happy New Year.

I guess R.C. doesn't stand for "Republic of China", since for each cap the R.C. number is different.

I'll attach the datasheet for your reference.

Designing a new circuit without proper dimensions of the caps to be used is somehow wasted time.

Kind regards

Hans

Attachments

• ELKOS-RADIAL-01.pdf
    961.9 KB · Views: 271
Could it stand for Ripple Current?

The chart labeled "case size & max ripple current" has two columns. One is DxL (Diameter x Length ?) and the other is RC (ripple current?). Top note says size is mm, current mA.

Since they are radial caps, the lead spacing is some appropriate radius away from the end of the device.

I hate incomplete datasheets. -:(

The pin spacing is on the first page. In the Dimensions table, first look up the diameter of the cap across the top then go down to the F value. That is your pin spacing.

In this particular case, R.C. == ripple current.

Got it.

Thanks a lot, smanches.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back