quick time question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbroadway

how hard is it to make something like this with 4 or more outputs?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
If you want the nice box and interface shown in your referenced device, then it would be rather involved to build, likely involving a microprocessor. Much easier and cheaper just to buy four of those timers.

Ye thought so I just thought it may be fun to have a go at something like that I do have times that seem to be starting to work but we will see can you make something like this with a pix and one of them LCD displays

Ye thought so I just thought it may be fun to have a go at something like that I do have times that seem to be starting to work but we will see can you make something like this with a pix and one of them LCD displays
Is there a sentence in there?

Ye thought so, I just thought it may be fun to have a go at something like that.

I do have timers that seem to be starting to work but we will see. see my other thread

can you make something like this with a pic and one of them LCD displays

is that a bit better?

is that a bit better?
Yes it is. A question mark after the last sentence would help, but I'm being picky.

Certainly a PIC, depending upon the model, can drive a display, interface to a keyboard, and can be programed it to do the timing functions you want.

i found the curcuit i want and i think its perfect but one little prob it only does one output could i make it do 4 outputs?

https://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=1378
I'm not familiar with that PIC but it appears to have three I/O pins that are unused, which you could likely program to control three other outputs,similar to output RB3 (9). That would require a little PIC programming expertise of course.

ok and will you be able to program all these with the lcd and 4 buttons? i wouldnt know how to program it but i would teach myself as much as possible

ok and will you be able to program all these with the lcd and 4 buttons? i wouldnt know how to program it but i would teach myself as much as possible
Well, I can't, but you should be able to after some study of PIC programming and the program used in that referenced circuit.

It may be a steep learning curve, but it's worth it if you have the desire. You might look as some of the many programming tutorials for the PIC on the web.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…