Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

quick time question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbroadway

how hard is it to make something like this with 4 or more outputs?

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Do the 4 or more outputs all need to have independent timing?

If you want the nice box and interface shown in your referenced device, then it would be rather involved to build, likely involving a microprocessor. Much easier and cheaper just to buy four of those timers.

Ye thought so I just thought it may be fun to have a go at something like that I do have times that seem to be starting to work but we will see can you make something like this with a pix and one of them LCD displays

Ye thought so I just thought it may be fun to have a go at something like that I do have times that seem to be starting to work but we will see can you make something like this with a pix and one of them LCD displays
Is there a sentence in there?:rolleyes:

Ye thought so, I just thought it may be fun to have a go at something like that.

I do have timers that seem to be starting to work but we will see. see my other thread

can you make something like this with a pic and one of them LCD displays

is that a bit better?

is that a bit better?
Yes it is. A question mark after the last sentence would help, but I'm being picky.;)

Certainly a PIC, depending upon the model, can drive a display, interface to a keyboard, and can be programed it to do the timing functions you want.

i found the curcuit i want and i think its perfect but one little prob it only does one output could i make it do 4 outputs?

https://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=1378
I'm not familiar with that PIC but it appears to have three I/O pins that are unused, which you could likely program to control three other outputs,similar to output RB3 (9). That would require a little PIC programming expertise of course.

ok and will you be able to program all these with the lcd and 4 buttons? i wouldnt know how to program it but i would teach myself as much as possible

ok and will you be able to program all these with the lcd and 4 buttons? i wouldnt know how to program it but i would teach myself as much as possible
Well, I can't,;) but you should be able to after some study of PIC programming and the program used in that referenced circuit.

It may be a steep learning curve, but it's worth it if you have the desire. You might look as some of the many programming tutorials for the PIC on the web.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back