Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

I recently built a circuit using a type of speaker that I know nothing about. So I was wondering what kind of speaker it is.

The speaker is really flat like a centimetre or 2 in height. Most of the time they are made of plastic and they have a hole in the center which you can see some kind of metal sheet inside. I usually find them in musical Christmas cards and in kids toys.

I think its similar to a crystal microphone but I'm not sure. Any ideas? thanks.

well, it would be best to place a picture of it.....
i think it is a piezo speaker or a buzzer.
how does it respond to low frequencies?

**broken link removed**

i'm not sure about low frequencies but i think its a good at high ones. The speaker in my circuit was used as a sound sensor. and i noticed that when i used low battery power the speaker would buzz. so my guess is that with full power the speaker is making tones i can't here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back