Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about Fuzz Face / testing NKT275

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grahamcrackuh

Hey guys, I'm new. I live in the USA, and go to school for electrical engineering at carnegie mellon.

Questions are:

1) How do I identify the collector / emitter on an nkt275. Can't seem to find it online.

2) Why don't I get reasonable leakage values when I try testing them as suggested on the famous "The technology of the fuzz faec" article. I will link. No matter what I do I cant seem to even get more than millivolts running through the 2.8k ohm resistor. PLEASE HELP!

article: Technology of the Fuzz Face - Frame Definition

Arbiter Fuzz Face, eh?

NKT275 is PNP.

Datasheet Archive - NKT275 datasheet - NKT275 application note - NKT275 pdf

**broken link removed**

So both cathodes are at the base.

Stick your multimeter on a low ohm range. Emitter to collector and base to emitter should be open.

Newmarket stopped making this component a long time ago. The cheap US modern copies are nowhere near as good, and you'll get a COMPLETELY different performance (and hence sound) from them.

Analog Man Sun Face and Fuzz Face Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back