Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question from a begginer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cotjones

Hi, obviously I'm new. I don't know much more than basics about electronic components and circuits and haven't as of yet been able to get much practice.

I definitely have an interest in electronics but unfortunately my academic priorities lie elsewhere so I can't go to school for it. But I am trying to teach myself everything I can.

To start off, I have a project I'm working on.

I'm lighting the buttons on an xbox 360 Controller with 4 multi-color LED's.

So my basic understanding is that the supply voltage will be 3v ± a little if i'm using batteries, or 2.4v if i'm using the rechargeable battery I bought. I ordered the LED's but I don't have them yet so i don't have very specific info about them but here is what I do know:

1 Blue: Forward Voltage Min/Typ - 3/3.2V @If=20mA

1 Yellow: * Forward voltage: 3.3 V Typical * Forward current: 20mA

1 Red: * Forward voltage: 3.3 V Typical * Forward current: 20mA

1 Green: Forward Voltage (V) : 3.4~3.6

How would you wire these so that they light at the same time from the same power source. I was thinking they should be fine in parallel with resistors just to equalize the light output between the different color lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back