• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about transistor substitute

Not open for further replies.


New Member
hello, im gathering the parts to build the attached circuit. my question is, can i sub 2n3773 transistors for the 2n3055? thats all i have on hand right now. i looked at the datasheets, they seem to have similar specs. also would i need to change the 430 ohm resistor at all if i sub? if so what value?

dr pepper

Well-Known Member
Most Helpful Member
Aha a flyback driver.

You could use a 3055, the 3055 isnt as 'meaty' as a 3773 but it'll probably work, watch out for them getting warm, so long as you keep to around 12v the resistor will be fine, a 470r would be easier to find.

The 0.33 in the schematic is very important, it creates resonance with the primary windings, this component needs to be x rated or at least 400v rated as it will operate at high voltages and currents.
Last edited:
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles