Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about the LPT, Printer Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidhelix

Hi,

I just want to ask, is the LPT Port in the PC has the same pinout configuration as the regular rs232 db25, i mean is the pin1 of the LPT is also the protective gnd, pin2 TxD etc . . .

solidhelix said:
Hi,

I just want to ask, is the LPT Port in the PC has the same pinout configuration as the regular rs232 db25, i mean is the pin1 of the LPT is also the protective gnd, pin2 TxD etc . . .

No it's COMPLETELY different, it bears no resemblance at all to a serial port - even the voltage levels are completely different, and one is a serial port and the other a parallel port.

ok, i'am maybe confusing nigel and also correct if i'am wrong...

the LPT port is a parallel port, right(it has also 25 pins/holes)? and the db25 is parallel device, right?

i'am doing some project that needs to be interfaced with the printer port of the computer. i will connect a db25 unto the printer port. i need to know the pins/pinout config of the printer port, so that i can interface my project correctly...

thx!!

solidhelix said:
ok, i'am maybe confusing nigel and also correct if i'am wrong...

the LPT port is a parallel port, right(it has also 25 pins/holes)? and the db25 is parallel device, right?

i'am doing some project that needs to be interfaced with the printer port of the computer. i will connect a db25 unto the printer port. i need to know the pins/pinout config of the printer port, so that i can interface my project correctly...

Have you never heard of google?, a simple search finds all the pinouts and lot's of sites telling you all you need to know.

i already found the pinouts of a db25, my question is that, is the pinout of the lpt parallel port is the same as rs232???

**broken link removed**

The DB25 is the physical size/shape of the socket, of course the signal pins are different.

In serial communication, there are RX and TX pin for data and several other for handshaking while in the parallel LPT port there are D0, D1...D7 data pins and other handshaking lines.

solidhelix said:
i already found the pinouts of a db25, my question is that, is the pinout of the lpt parallel port is the same as rs232???

**broken link removed**

As Nigel said - no.

You do not have the pinouts of a DB-25 "device". What you have is the standard pinouts defined for an RS-232 interface when it is run through a DB-25 connector.

The RS-232 interface is a serial interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back