Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
not the best at all, the phone mount i feel is a bad joke, good as a gag maybe!

but I feel we are crossing ideas! I have thought about something similar and crazier...
As i am seeing as we both mention there are 2 ways to go about,

1) The passive camera system , with glasses from post 37 where cam and vid is all in one, extra isolated peripherals include the LED array and small arduino with fewest wires.. plus would need method of small data input for array.... maybe enough for rec & play of short sounds and some other small features ... several choices of input peripherals ... the cheapest way with little room for expansion.. simpler programming..

2) The active camera system, in post 35 where glasses have a vga or RCA input, meaning as said more complexity as the camera video signal passes through the PI(would be ideal choice) then out to the monitor ... PI would be great but this means more wires and more advanced programming, but easier for expansion, LEDS-- np about the same amount of code there, sound input and output -- prolly built in to pi already... but some more code there... plus there would still be room for lots of expansion... HUD & input devices -- np simple programming and pi prolly has bluetooth, or usb slot for bt dongle to use with a candyboard or almost any wireless game controller, xbox wii, or ps3.

3) The doggy system, much like #2 but with dual camera, independent video feed per eye, to correct depth perception problems, plus a HUD & SLAM mapping system, integrated wireless navigation for a quadrotor, and live recording however not sure if a single PI is up for a system like that... or my coding skills ... that project ended up being more than my wallet could chew anyway.

HUD:

not the best at all, the phone mount i feel is a bad joke, good as a gag maybe!
My impression too.:)

but I feel we are crossing ideas! I have thought about something similar and crazier...
As i am seeing as we both mention there are 2 ways to go about.
'Crossing' ideas has a negative connotation and is not the way that a good design is done. There are normally many ways to do a job and they should all be considered. At the end of the day, it is up to the OP to choose which approach he wants to run with.

Can you post a block diagram of your mask system to clarify your proposed approach?:)

spec

I agree connotation is not good!

Idea 1:
I believe was your initial idea, the one with less complexity, camera and vid all in one, then with separate LCD controller, but the photo of the pair of glasses I listed are the ones he would want for that.
Idea 1 .jpg
Idea 2:
Uses the Pi camera and glasses you posted, everything would need to pass through the pi, but way more cooler, recommended, expensive.
Idea2.jpg

Idea 3:
Sorry, just dreaming about unlimited budgets, would need to find glasses with separate video screens for each eye anyway
Idea3.jpg

Hi,
A phone is a cheap option, however you'd need to do something to stop the camera from going into standby.
You'll need to practice if your going to be looking through a single lens, things are very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back