Question about making a counter circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello !

I remember that I made one last year but I don't know exactly where my lab sheets are.
It was with one or two ICs, counting bits I beleive, with a display changing with the bits I think.

The idea is to make a little machine that will count the number of turns a wheel does. (Actually it's a wool-thing wrapper for old ladies at a social club of some sort)

I'd like to know the parts that I need and a little refresh if you have time.
I know it's probably a 3$ circuit

Do you want a " 7 segment display counter "? If so google it.

A CD40110 4-bit Up/Down decimal counter will directly drive a 7-segment LED display. You need one counter for each digit.

We need to know a few more things, since we can't read your mind. (Yet!)
  • What kind of input? In other words, how is this little machine going to know when the wheel has made one turn: magnetic sensor? something else?
  • As the member above alluded to, how do you want to display the count? A 7-segment LED would be easy and effective.
  • Battery-operated?

Such a little machine should be a piece of cake for some of the members here to design, if they know what you actually want.

Hi,

this circuit might refresh your memory.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Boncuk

That would be great, if you could actually read those teeny-tiny letters and numbers ...

Please get your eyes or your glasses (spectacles) checked.

I'm 69, wearing outdated glasses (over two years) and can read those teeny-tiny letters and numbers from three feet distance.

A pdf file can be enlarged to read the part numbers and values properly.

Presently I'm unable to attach any file using "Manage Attachments". Therefore I converted the files to gif files and posted the link of the file hoster.

Regards

Boncuk

Last edited:
I can read it well enough to tell it uses CD40110s to drive 7 seg displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…