Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Query to clarify a term

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your question is severely lacking in detail, as in *any* detail. Where did you see this? Can you put it in some kind of context? Is it in English, or another language? i is not a standard SI prefix for a quantity, like n for nano. Is it a typo?

ak

I've certainly never seen it. If it was in an electronic document, could it be a character set/encoding problem? That is, should it have been the Greek "mu" or something?

This is from my notes from "The Art of electronics" book.
If that is just a lower case i, this would suggest that it is a changing current.
Just a guess.

Δ delta symbol means the change of a variable or the change in. P.13
example ΔV/ΔI or dv/dI they use d also for derivative.
derivative is change, computed using differentiation.
SO NOW... Instead of using Delta Δ for a change in V, I, or R they will use
lower case v, i or r.

lower case symbols.jpg

Last edited:
Your question is severely lacking in detail, as in *any* detail.

I would argue that the OP's addition of "regarding capacitance" is a detail. Therefore, your "*any* detail" comment is a gross exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back