Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pwm motor makes a buzzing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep it's very strange one moment it's cool next moment it explodes. i am afraid to put a bigger diode cuz if the same happens with it may catch fire... i think i found the write diagram, i will post it tomorrow.
regards.

Got the wiring diagram. I did some labeling to reflect the current situation.
Pages from ToyEWB.jpg

That switching arrangement does not change the polarity of the voltage applied to any of the motors.

That switching arrangement does not change the polarity of the voltage applied to any of the motors.
Yep that true. May be my diode was not good. Can a diode just die and behave like a closed circuit. After studying the diagram i feel more confident.

What happens if my Drain and Source is connected the other way round?? cuz i connected the Drain and Source blindly where the NAVY BLUE Point marking are in the diagram.

Can a diode just die and behave like a closed circuit
Yes. But there's always a reason for it dying. Wrong polarity, excessive current or excessive voltage will kill it.
What happens if my Drain and Source is connected the other way round?
You stand a good chance of destroying the FET.
i connected the Drain and Source blindly
You should always download the datasheet for any electronic device and check the pinout before connecting it up.

Yes. But there's always a reason for it dying. Wrong polarity, excessive current or excessive voltage will kill it.
You stand a good chance of destroying the FET.
You should always download the datasheet for any electronic device and check the pinout before connecting it up.

I read the datasheet its the wire in the blower switch which was unknown to me.

The diode may not have been big enough. What current does your motor draw. The diode needs to be about that size. (50% of motor current plus margin)

The diode may not have been big enough. What current does your motor draw. The diode needs to be about that size. (50% of motor current plus margin)
Hi..
the fuse for the blower motor is rated at 40A, this means i should get a diode which can handle 20A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back