Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWM Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

I need an IC that can change the 50% duty cycle of 130Khz-170Khz incoming frequencies(Audio modulated FM). The output frequency must match the trigger/incoming but with different duty cycle. The Duty Range I am looking for is 50%-85%

Any suggestions?

Thanks

-Note, the FM signal is already a TTL square wave.

Last edited:
Can you settle for 50-66%D? If yes, you can just use a simple one-shot.

i think you are talking about pulse width modulation, search on internet you may find a lot

Yes I am talking about PWM. However don't confuse a fixed frequency PWM with variable incoming frequencies that need to be changed to a different duty cycle.

The "common/traditional" PWM chip will not change it's output frequency based on it's input signal (error voltage)... it will change the duty cycle of a fixed frequency that is set by the timing components.

The "common/traditional" PWM chip will not change it's output frequency based on it's input signal (error voltage)... it will change the duty cycle of a fixed frequency that is set by the timing components.

Yes, that why I don't need the "traditional RC dead-time controlled PWM". I found a chip that meets my criteria but cannot find a distributor. Does anyone know of a product similar to this?

M62502FP
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/MitsubishiElectricCorporation/mXtzxxr.pdf

"It performs a stable PWM control over a wide fluctuation
of external signals, thanks to the built-in trigger mode oscillator."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back