PWM Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

I need an IC that can change the 50% duty cycle of 130Khz-170Khz incoming frequencies(Audio modulated FM). The output frequency must match the trigger/incoming but with different duty cycle. The Duty Range I am looking for is 50%-85%

Any suggestions?

Thanks

-Note, the FM signal is already a TTL square wave.

Last edited:
Can you settle for 50-66%D? If yes, you can just use a simple one-shot.

i think you are talking about pulse width modulation, search on internet you may find a lot

Yes I am talking about PWM. However don't confuse a fixed frequency PWM with variable incoming frequencies that need to be changed to a different duty cycle.

The "common/traditional" PWM chip will not change it's output frequency based on it's input signal (error voltage)... it will change the duty cycle of a fixed frequency that is set by the timing components.

The "common/traditional" PWM chip will not change it's output frequency based on it's input signal (error voltage)... it will change the duty cycle of a fixed frequency that is set by the timing components.

Yes, that why I don't need the "traditional RC dead-time controlled PWM". I found a chip that meets my criteria but cannot find a distributor. Does anyone know of a product similar to this?

M62502FP
http://www.datasheetcatalog.org/datasheet/MitsubishiElectricCorporation/mXtzxxr.pdf

"It performs a stable PWM control over a wide fluctuation
of external signals, thanks to the built-in trigger mode oscillator."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…