Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push switch, Simple question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody82

I have taken out a small switch from my garden strimmer. It is a Kema Keur TL202. about 3cm square. a simple push to work switch. On the four terminals two are numbered 1 and the other two 2.
Having removed it from the strimmer, i need to put it back in. Is this marking 1 and 2, essentially +/- ?

Should the + feed to the switch and the + feed to the motor be on the ternimals marked 1.
And the -feed to switch and - feed to the motor be on the terminals marked 2?
Correct? Sorry for being so dumb, if it was 12V i would just do it, but its 240V, so not so keen to just hope!!

It's most likely a double pole switch which isolates both the live and neutral.

It will look like this, electrically:
**broken link removed**
As long as the switch is not connected between the live and neutral it shouldn't matter.

Do you have a multimeter?

You should easily be able to find out which terminal goes where with a continuity tester.

If you don't have a multimeter, use a couple of batteries and a small torch bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back