Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Push Pull Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all I wondered if anyone could please assist me with designing a push pull converter using LTC3721 IC from Linear technologies I have uploaded a LTSpice file that has the bare bones if anyone could please direct assist in how I can adapt this so the converter functions in the following manner:
Input: 12V
Output: +175V and -175V
Power Delivered: 300W.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very foreign to this power topology so any help is appreciated.

Kind Regards

Art

Attachments

• PushPullTransformer.asc
    5.3 KB · Views: 76
There are some problems with this circuit.
It is close. I fixed a number of the problems.
upload_2018-3-15_14-7-15.png

Attachments

• 3721-ron.asc
    4.8 KB · Views: 92
I don't have the stability worked out yet. This is a little better.

Attachments

• 3721-ron.asc
    5 KB · Views: 108
Hi I also started this design but I'm struggling a little to refine it the output voltages aren't quite what I need them to be if you wouldn't mind modifying it a little to get it working that would be so useful, I used parts from LTSpice libraries from:
With this one though I have a huge concern about the amount of current the switching FETs have to deal with from the transformer, I also noticed with the LTC3721 the currents are really high as well is there any way to get around this or I have to spec FETs that can deal with the currents

Thanks again

Art

Attachments

• Draft659.asc
    8.9 KB · Views: 97
With a 12V supply the average current is 300/12=25 amps. The peak current is dependent on what type of power supply and the duty cycle. PK current = 30 to 50A.
If you right click on a MOSFET you can choose a different part. Watch voltage and Rdson.
Ok is it worth invest using different FET is this were a lot of the losses are contained?

would you by any chance be able to modify the other LTSpice file I uploaded so the outputs are closer to +175V and -175V, also can you verify what the currents are like on the FETs in that file.

Thanks
Art
With a 12V supply the average current is 300/12=25 amps. The peak current is dependent on what type of power supply and the duty cycle. PK current = 30 to 50A.
If you right click on a MOSFET you can choose a different part. Watch voltage and Rdson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back