Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

push button convert to pressure pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelly25

To whom it may concern

I'm new to electronics
I will like to convert the push button on a laser range-finger to a pressure pad switch
someone did something similar with this https://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-a-Free-Tactical-Pressure-Switch/

but i don't want to make everything from scratch like him, I want to use a remote pressure switch from a flashlight and connect it to the push button on the laser range-finder, they are laser range-finder that have a remote pressure switch already but I don't want to buy those

So what exactly is your question? Momentary tactile switches are all around us. You can buy one for about five cents US. An OCR Tactile Push Button Switch Micro Momentary is what you want. You can also hack one from any of several sources. So what exactly are you asking or need help with?

Ron

i wondering if there is a off the shelf Remote Pressure Switch available to relocate push button
(I guess i can just modify one)

Attachments

• pressure pad.JPG
    pressure pad.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 157
i wondering if there is a off the shelf Remote Pressure Switch available to relocate push button
(I guess i can just modify one)

Excellent idea. If your mod doesn't work, at least you've learned a little bit. Let us know how it works out.

Its contacts just need to be in parallel with the existing switch.

Also the ratings(voltage current) for the switch need to be accurate. If you solder them in parallel you can use both switches. If you have more than 2 contacts, please post a picture and part number of the pressure pad switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back