Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse output

Status
Not open for further replies.
arivel, Please post details of the relays you plan to use..
there are many on the market, it is difficult to make a choice. now I'm focused on the circuit because if I can't complete that, it's useless to go and look for the relay.
why did you ask me this question? , is it because of the power supply voltage?

there are many on the market, it is difficult to make a choice. now I'm focused on the circuit because if I can't complete that, it's useless to go and look for the relay.

Because in order to design a latching relay driver, there are specific timing requirements (such as length of time the coil should be energized to ensure latch) as well as drive voltage/current requirements.

In addition to what eTech said, the type of circuitry needed is dependent on the type of latching relay. You have been asking about single coil latching relays, but there are also dual coil relays. The circuitry needed to drive the dual coil type is simpler.

waiting to find the right relay can you tell me if the attached scheme can work?

Attachments

• file x forum.jpg
    file x forum.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 172
That diagram shows + and - power linked together?
A dual-coil relay is far simpler to drive, you just pulse one or the other coils.

it's just a very simplified double feed.
of course there are diode bridges, stabilizer circuits, and capacitors.

Then your schematic is so overly simplified that we cannot comment whether or not it will work. It is so simplified that it shows + and - power supply connected together. EVERY Person with electrical experience will tell you it won't work snd possibly damage your power supply and/or cause a fire. So, you'll either have to assume it won't work and redraw, add some detail so we can give a real opinion, or try it while protecting from fire or damaged power supply.

do you know a transformer with two secondaries joined together by a central socket and two diode bridges with a common output?

I understood what your diagram meant to show. :) Post #26 makes a good point. You should consider a dual coil latch relay because the drive circuitry is simpler.

do you know a transformer with two secondaries joined together by a central socket and two diode bridges with a common output?

A line frequency AC output transformer can be setup with two diodes to make positive and negative DC voltages.

is it clear now?
figure 1 or figure 2?

Attachments

• fig.1.jpg
    fig.1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 177
  • fig.2.jpg
    fig.2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 171
Post #32, figure 2 is incorrect. It produces two positive outputs, not one positive and one negative. The lower diode bridge is connected incorrectly.

Besides being correct, figure 1 is a better circuit because it achieves the same results with fewer parts and greater efficiency.

ak

Post #32, figure 2 is incorrect. It produces two positive outputs, not one positive and one negative. The lower diode bridge is connected incorrectly.

Besides being correct, figure 1 is a better circuit because it achieves the same results with fewer parts and greater efficiency.

ak

ok thanks, what you wrote I'll check it out calmly.
however what interests me most is to know if I can drive the relay coil in this way but not only.
Is the relay coil able to discharge the overvoltage after shutdown?

2F46AC15-1618-4C01-9887-C7F0DD08CC87.jpeg

I'm sorry but the proposed circuit cannot work.
I make an example with the attached circuit which is the same as the one proposed. if the push pull or the half bridge H supplies the coil with negative voltage when the relay switches off it must discharge through the indicated path but is blocked by one of the internal diodes of the diode bridge. the same thing happens when the positive voltage is supplied to the relay coil but following another path. It should be noted that the darlington phus pull pairs or the half bridges H have inside them the diodes which are arranged as in the drawing in the box.

Attachments

• circuito proposto sul forum.jpg
    circuito proposto sul forum.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 170
I'm sorry but the proposed circuit cannot work.
I make an example with the attached circuit which is the same as the one proposed. if the push pull or the half bridge H supplies the coil with negative voltage when the relay switches off it must discharge through the indicated path but is blocked by one of the internal diodes of the diode bridge. the same thing happens when the positive voltage is supplied to the relay coil but following another path. It should be noted that the darlington phus pull pairs or the half bridges H have inside them the diodes which are arranged as in the drawing in the box.

What are those bridge's "internal diodes"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back