Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pulse activated clock question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClip

This railway clock of the pulse activated type has no master mechinism with it. Can anyone please help me out in getting it working by adding the necessary parts? The solinoid actuator's operating voltage is unknown. Also the type of timer that pulses every minute is unknown? Thanks Chris.

Attachments

• 2009_1031finepix0005.JPG
    2009_1031finepix0005.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 131
Try pulsing it with a few different voltages, e.g. 12/24/36/48V. or measure the solenoid resistance. You may be able to work out the operating voltage from that.

I'm guessing any timer with a minute pulse of around half a second or more would work.

Do you want to/are you able to make your own timer, or do you want something off the shelf to do the job?

i advise you use a pic chip or 555 timer to make the pulse cycles which is connected to a mosfet

Last edited:
Try pulsing it with a few different voltages, e.g. 12/24/36/48V. or measure the solenoid resistance. You may be able to work out the operating voltage from that.

I'm guessing any timer with a minute pulse of around half a second or more would work.

Do you want to/are you able to make your own timer, or do you want something off the shelf to do the job?

Thanks dougy83,
For this job I would be interested in finding a timer off the shelf if you have any ideas?(due to time needed to build one) One pulse advances the mechinism one minute.So the relay to pulse the solinoid would be the easy and quick to make part. Also I shall try,tomorrow, pulsing it with vrying upwards voltages as suggested. Assuming it is DC?? Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back