Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSU not up to electrolyser job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are keeping another one from his Darwin Award. The Award committee has been notified.
i can bring back the Wile E Coyote award....

when i was in high school chemistry class we saw a film about gas mixtures and how dangerous they could be... static electricity will set off 2H+O... turning the lights on in a room will set off H+Cl.

HHO implodes not explodes
that could be true if the temperature of the gas remains constant, but it doesn't... Hydrogen has a heat of combustion of 140MJ/kg and the resulting steam will be at a very high temperature and so it expands rapidly.... in other words, an explosion.

Last edited:
i can bring back the Wile E Coyote award....

when i was in high school chemistry class we saw a film about gas mixtures and how dangerous they could be... static electricity will set off 2H+O... turning the lights on in a room will set off H+Cl.

that could be true if the temperature of the gas remains constant, but it doesn't... Hydrogen has a heat of combustion of 140MJ/kg and the resulting steam will be at a very high temperature and so it expands rapidly.... in other words, an explosion.

Doesn't make any difference anyway - an implosion doesn't just "disappear up it's own imagination" - it simply goes in and then carries on out the other side, so still an explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back