Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ps/2 keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sneak

i have a ps/2 keyboard, but my computer doesnt have any ports for it. I thought it was possible to simply cut the cable from it and wire a USB connector to it and it would work. It didn't, but all the LED's turned on. does anyone know if there is a way to get it to work?

PS/2 is completely different from USB: it's not just a matter of connector shape!

Search on the Internet for a PS2/USB active converter:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

i have a ps/2 keyboard, but my computer doesnt have any ports for it. I thought it was possible to simply cut the cable from it and wire a USB connector to it and it would work. It didn't, but all the LED's turned on. does anyone know if there is a way to get it to work?

Just buy a new keyboard, they cost hardly anything.

USB and PS2 are completely incompatible, keyboards which come with adaptors actually include BOTH types, and the adaptor makes it select the correct one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back